Vingt Quatre

"So, from what Marvel and Gloss told me, you have an alliance with District 2 and 4, right?" Cashmere casually strolled up into my room, not even bothering to knock first.

Despite only being in a towel, I wasn't surprised at the sudden intrusion; not anymore at least. It had become a habit of her's to walk in unannounced. My eyes followed her long, golden tresses as they fell onto a folder in her right hand.

I hummed and turned around, proceeding to dress into some more comfortable clothes once she finally shut the door behind her.

"Great! Here are their scores and grades from the Academy. Play to your strengths, and balance out your weaknesses, together." She tossed the folder onto my bed, and then laid on the soft mattress, her hair spilling out from behind her. "I don't have anything on the boy from 4, though. They said he never attended the Academy."

I shrugged on my shirt. "That's fine. The boy isn't a part of the alliance anyway." I bit my inner cheek as I told her.

"That's a good call." Cashmere sighed. "He's only going to slow you down. I talked to Finnick. All he asked for was a quick, painless death."

My heart ached at those words as I swallowed. Tua really had no chance; not even in the eyes of his own Mentor.

I picked the folder up and skimmed through the pages. "How'd you get the other Mentors to give you their data?" My eyes landed on Cato's picture.

"Thank Gloss for that. He has his way with people, even the wildest of them all." Her green eyes lit up mischievously.

"Charming." I deadpanned, flipping onto the next page.

Clove's stats showed that, aside from me, she was the fastest and the most agile of the Tributes. Her aim was also top notch. However, even if her hand to hand combat scores were astounding, they fell short compared to her specialty: knife throwing. Lace, a girl from Glimmer's year who also specialized in knife throwing, had nothing on this short, spunky brunette.

Marina was, overall, well rounded. She didn't necessarily stand out with any particular skills, but her grades proved to show that she could fend off for herself, and even kill. Despite being the slowest out of us all, she was well above average.

I flipped back to Cato's page. He was definitely faster than Marina, but it seemed that the weight of his muscles slowed him down, unlike Marvel, who had a leaner build. His strength was exceptional, and he was definitely the strongest out of us all. His style seemed to compliment mine. Where I was lacking in strength, he was too stiff and not the speediest from our little group. We both preferred using a sword, but he went for heavier blows, unlike me, as I went for sharp, precise jabs.

Marvel was second best to Clove in terms of aim, and runner up for first place in the strength department, yet his score was nowhere near Cato's. He was a good mix of both District 2 Tributes.

I set the folder back down onto Cashmere's lap, and she groaned as she sat back up. "You'll have to show your private session tomorrow." She muttered, as if she only just remembered this now.

I nodded, choosing to sit next to her. "I'm going right after Marvel does."

"Right. Lucky you: District 1 is always first to go. The Gamemakers won't be bored of you just yet. I'd say those from District 6 and onwards should be worried."

I rose an eyebrow at that. "Their job is to judge us and make sure the Games run smoothly. Shouldn't they at least pay attention to the kids?"

"Oh, sweetie." She shook her hair and pinched my cheek. "If only if were that simple."

I pulled back with a small yelp.

If only everything were simple nowadays.

I'm still alive!

So I'm in the "orange area" in France, and in high school, so it's likely that I'll have to finish my school year online. Of course my teachers all collectively decided to freak out and give us a bunch of essays and assignments, so I barely had any time to proofread any of my already written chapters (and if I did have the time, my eyes would have been too worn out from staring at screens for too long).

Lucky for me, they finally dialed it down a notch, so I don't have that much work this week. This might be the only chapter posted this week (depending on my schedule, there might be more to come, idk), but rest assured, I'll be able to post regularly soon!

If anybody's up for proofreading any of my written works, I'd love to send you my pre-written chapters! Just tell me so and I'll be sure to send you my contact info.

But as of today I'm dead... tired.

Y'all, have a good day, and thanks for reading; don't forget to vote!