Vingt Six

Amethyst was anxiously tittering around, much to Gloss' obvious annoyance. He placed a hand on her shoulder in hopes of calming her down. Only to roll his eyes when she started to, once again, pace back and forth throughout the whole flat. Giving up, he sat next to his sister, who could be found next to Marvel, next to me on the wide white couch.

Ilana and Penny were here too, the former calmly sipping champagne from a golden flute, and the latter standing and looking just as nervous as our eccentric escort. Cashmere scoffed and mirrored her brother's expression.

"Honestly Amethyst, the kids told you they did just fine." The male Mentor insisted. "When has a Tribute from 1 ever gotten under 8?"

"Oh but of course she's worrying! With 12 stealing the show at the parade, it'll be hard to get sponsors if they don't get exceptional scores!" Penny chimed in.

"Nonsense Penny, no matter how bad they do, we'll be able to catch up at the interviews." Ilana intervened, winking at my District partner and me.

Marvel groaned. "We just told you that we did well. Can you two just sit down so that we can see our scores? We can't hear anything with all your blabbering."

I also nod in mild irritation. These two are just infuriating at this point.

With a huff, Amethyst sat down next to Gloss, who scooter closer to his sister. Penny followed the purple disaster in tow. Ilana just simply rose an eyebrow, before resuming catering to her beverage.

Caesar Flickerman's face appeared on the screen in front of us. He went on about his excitement and anticipation of this year's Games.

"And here we have it. From District 1, Marvel, with a score of..."

I feel Marvel's hand grasp onto mine. I then gently squeeze his hand in a comforting way.

"...9."

Cashmere clapped him on the back. "Well done! That'll rake in a good amount of sponsors for you."

He let out a breathy laugh and thanked her.

"And of course, the beauty from District 1, Genevieve, with a score of..."

I held my breath, squeezing Marvel's hand tighter than he had with me.

"...10!"

I let go of Marvel's hand and gave him a side hug. "We did it! See?"

Gloss shot a look at both Penny and Amethyst. "See? The kiddos are just fine."

Amethyst wasn't listening though, as she ran towards both Marvel and I and hugged us impossibly tight.

"Oh this is great news!"

Penny was also bouncing up and down in joy.

"It's not over yet." Cashmere shifter her eyes back onto the screen. "There are others."

A familiar blond's face flashed on the screen, and an angry blush covered my cheeks.

I ended up tying with both Clove and Cato. Marina got an 8, whilst her District partner Tua got a 6. District 11 also got decent scores, with the male Tribute, Thresh, getting a 10 too.

The biggest shocker was 12, yet again. Peeta has gotten the same score as Marina, much to Marvel's surprise.

"He looked like a lost puppy the whole time." He protested, speaking over Katniss' introduction.

"He did throw that weight across the Training Room, remember?" I mused.

It had been a huge blow to Cato's ego that day. The boy from an outlying district managing to throw something that even he had trouble carrying. He ended up, sulkily, trying to intimidate the other blond.

"Are you saying that he could be a possible asset?" Gloss glances at us, curiosity sparking in his eyes.

"Well mayb-" but I was interrupted by none other than Caesar's booming voice blasting through the speakers.

"...An 11!"

I whirled back towards the screen, face to face with Katniss' face.

My shock was nowhere near as bad as Penny's shriek.

"First Cinna sets them on fire, and now they get an 11? This Game is a mess!"

"This game really was a mess: for whatever hope I had, just disappeared"

Thanks again @Alicia152615 for helping me with this chapter. Don't forget to vote and feel free to comment. Have a nice day everyone!