Chapter 086 : My Helmet Got Smashed

Qin Yu also put on his earplugs. He Jin’s voice went into his ears, it was kind of gentle, dull, yet a little shaky.

“Are you alright?” He also whispered, as if he was afraid of scaring him if he spoke too loud.

He Jin once again replied with a brief “hmm”, he closed his eyes and imagined the appearance of Fire in the game. This person was so powerful and he was so mighty that no one could beat him. Even though all had only happened in the game, it has subtly influenced He Jin in the real world as well, and an inexplicable sense of trust has already been developed. In other words, he found his safety haven to escape from the cruelty in reality.

“Why aren’t you talking?” Qin Yu was worried. “What are you thinking about?”

“Fire,” He Jin whispered. “I seem to be thinking a little bit about what happened before.”

Qin Yu, “Oh?”

“It’s just eight years ago, I left without saying goodbye…I am so sorry.” He felt totally different comparing to how Fire asked him “why don’t you say goodbye” back then. Eight years ago, he felt confused; and now, he truly felt sorry. He actually wanted to tell Fire, that the two had been on the game every now and then, even though their husband and wife relationship was fake, they had a solid and profound friendship, how is it possible to forget all of this?

However, under the suppression of his mother, He Jin did not dare to think about it. He didn’t even dare to promise with Fire that they would see each other after graduation. The whole thing/relationship with Fire was covered since then, just like a thing buried deep underground.

Qin Yu, “it doesn’t matter anymore. Aren’t we good together now?”

He Jin, “yes.”

Indeed, fortunately, Fire waited for him, and He Jin didn’t have much regret anymore…

Qin Yu was stunned, “are you crying?”

“No…” He Jin’s voice did sound like he’s crying, yet he wasn’t. He really wanted to cry though, from all the frustration, touching, fear…all the mixed emotions made him want to just break down in front of Fire.

Qin Yu, “then what are you doing?”

“I’m missing you…” He Jin suddenly burst out these words. He tried to empty his brain and imagined himself in a safe world.

When he heard He Jin’s words, Qin Yu, who initially had a lot of rational suggestions to tell, was suddenly caught off-guard. He could feel the weaknesses of He Jin and he felt painful too. He couldn’t wait to make use of the “following shadow” trick in the game and fly instantly in front of He Jin, so that he could hug him, kiss him and give him warmth. He wanted to share all the problems with He Jin, as a lover.

Qin Yu, “silly…I’m missing you too, and I’m right here.” But now, they could just make a voice call, and he could only say a few empty comforting words, he couldn’t even appear in front of He Jin in real person!

Fire acted like he was smothering a child, and his tone made He Jin laugh, half of his depressed feelings already disappeared,  and he started to calm down. Although he was thankful for Fire’s company, he understood that this person could only be his temporary haven, instead of his savior.

This time, no matter how his mother objected, He Jin would not listen to her again. He was no longer a minor who could not resist the authority of an adult… Now, no one can save him, only himself.

“Sleep earlier, and we’ll figure it out tomorrow.” He Jin said.

Qin Yu said, “okay, let me know at once if there’re any problems, okay?”