Day 9: Animal ears

(Hehehehehe! I've been waiting for this one! uwu)

Cheerful chatter filled the hall as Relena, Jakey, Lo'Pho, Bryan, and Bri planned out the guild's lessons for the week. Or at least, tried to. Really, everyone was just chatting and Bryan was messing with Jake's fluffy blue hair. Jake was trying his hardest not to blush, but it wasn't very easy. Bryan was very good at making him blush.

"Guys, guys, guys!" Kay's ecstatic voice drowned all of theirs out. 

"What is it now, Kay? The last time you sounded this excited-" Lo'Pho started.

Jake cleared his throat significantly. "Let's NOT mention that incident, Lo'Pho. Please?"

"Er, yeah. But, this time, it's different! I promise!"

"What is this time?" asked Relena.

Kay grinned and held up a potion that flashed with different colors like disco lights. Bryan shook his head no violently. 

"No. I took Tomb Juice ONE TIME and the next minute, I found myself partying like I had never partied in my life. Never again." 

"This isn't Tomb Juice. It's something I was working on all night. This puppy has something special about it. Any volunteers?"

"Hold it, hold it. You haven't even told us what this thing does," said Bri.

Kay grinned. "So, you want to take it? Cause you'll find out soon enough anyway."

"Uh. I guess I'll take it," Jake said hesitantly.

He stood up, walked over to Kay, and took the potion from her. He downed it in one gulp and smacked his lips.

"Hey, this isn't half-" he started before growing yellow fox ears and a tail.

Everyone stared at him, Kay included. 

"Uh, t-that wasn't supposed to, uh happen, uh..." Kay stuttered.

"Than what WAS supposed to happen?" Bryan demanded.

"Uh, it was supposed to turn him into his favorite animal, which is a fox apparently. Makes sense, cause, well, Oliver. I guess, for some reason, the transformation got interrupted, and he just got the ears and the tail," Kay tried to explain.

"Can you fix him?" Lo'Pho asked.

"Well, yeah, but it's gonna take some time. In the meantime, well, I guess enjoy being a fox hybrid, Jake."

Bryan grinned. He was gonna have a lot of fun with this.