Day 22: In Battle, side by side.

(Ok, I know the meme is not related to Brakey, but this is so true!)

"Step away from the body, vampire."

Jackson stopped feeding off the dead body. He knew that voice.

"Why should I? I'm hungry. Can't a man just have his lunch in peace?" He asked.

"You're eating my team. For that, you die." The vampire hunter growled, raising the wooden stake above his head.

"Funny, I was thinking the same thing."

"I never killed any of your fellow vampires, though I will soon."

Jackson scoffed. "You think this is about them? Do you realize who you've kidnapped?"

"All we've kidnapped is a weak, little werewolf, so?"

"That weak little werewolf is Bryan Divil," Jackson growled under his breath.

The vampire hunters' face went ghostly white. "No. N-n-no. Not him...:

"Yes, him. Do you know what happens when you mess with the one I love?"

Jackson stood up and brushed off his jacket. He turned to the vampire hunter, giving him a cold, hard stare. The hunter recoiled in fear. A little strange, since he was carrying a weapon that could take Jackson out easily in two minutes.

"People who mess with Bryan are bad boys. And bad boys get punished," Jackson whispered threateningly. 

He tackled the vampire and tried hard to bite, but he was strong enough to push him off and pin him down. He raised the stake, over Jackson's heart.

"Now who's the bad bo-" he started.

He froze and his eyes widened. The stake clattered out of his hands and he collapsed. Bryan stood over his body, hands shakily holding a blood-stained dagger. His eyes were wide and frightened, like a little kid who had just seen an R-rated movie.

Jackson immediately stood up and hugged him. They didn't have to say a word. They just hugged and cried.

(ARGH! IT'S TOO SAD! I CAN'T GO ON! WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?! I think it's just because I can't move on from my ex...)