Day 25: Gazing Into Each Other's Eyes

(Shortest chapter yet! But, I think we just needed some cuteness! This is...way too cute for my own good.)

The hill was almost completely silent, aside from the lone hoot of an owl. Perfect for a midnight date between a vampire and a werewolf, right?

Jackson stared at his date. Bryan hadn't said much the entire time. He seemed to be lost in thought. Or at least, his stomach.

"That burger still not sitting well?" He asked.

Bryan nodded, a pained expression on his face. "I think I'm about to puke....why'd you have to get with lettuce? You know werewolves always get sick when we eat vegetables!"

Jackson clasped his hand in Bryan's, catching his eyes. Jackson always admired his eyes. They were clear, chestnut-brown, deep, and breathtaking...then he saw it.

He saw past the chestnut brown, the breathtaking beauty, and the deepness like an ocean. He saw the pain behind the gorgeous looks. Longing, shame, embarrassment, desire...it was all there.

Without saying a word, he snuggled closer to Bryan and rested his head on his chest. Bryan smiled, snuggled Jackson closer to him, and gave a cute little "Ruff!" out of happiness. He was technically part dog, after all. Jackson felt Bryan's gloved hands massaging his back and playing with his hair. 

He had needed this. Away from Mitch's harshness,  away from the other's disapproval,  even away from Xylo and Marcus's jealousy. 

Just him and the one he loved.

(...too. CUTE!!!!! I really needed this today!)