Day 20: Dancing

Jake sat alone in the corner, drinking some red wine. Lights flashed and everyone, aside from him, was laughing, talking, and dancing at Aphrodite's ball. Panda and Bri were dancing the night away, Mitch and Marshie were laughing by the food table, and...Bryan and Xylo were flirting with each other.

He had to look away when he saw that. It still hurt to see Bryan with other guys. They had split up a while ago, but still...he missed him like crazy. It had all happened so suddenly. Bryan and he were just talking then somehow, it had become an argument, then Bryan was yelling at him to get out and that it was over between them. Nothing about it had made sense. And it wasn't like it was private either, thanks to Collin's big mouth and Daveed's love for making trouble. Jake had gotten sympathy from most of the campers, but the jerks, Mario, Daveed, and Brandeen had been their normal selves and made fun of him for it.

Jake set his empty glass down and seriously considered just going back to his underwater home to wait out the rest of the night. It was better than watching his ex move on, so he started for the door. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder. To his complete surprise, it was Bryan. He had a weird look on his face, like a mixture of melancholy and longing.

"Hey, Jake," he said unemotionally.

"What do you want? Just want to rub it in my face again?" Jake snapped.

"No, in fact. I was wondering if you wanted to dance."

Jake stared at him. "What?"

"Hey, I know we've split up, but...just one dance? For the sake of old times?" Bryan asked.

Jake knew he was getting himself in a whole lot of trouble, but...his longing overtook his conscience and he said yes.

Bryan led him out on the dance floor, a slow song started playing and they started dancing, Bryan leading. It felt kinda weird at first, dancing with an ex, but when Jake felt Bryan's hand on his waist and the rush from the movements, it all melted away. He was dimly aware of people whispering and pointing in the background, but... 

All that mattered at that moment was him, Bryan, and the music that was making them dance.

(I can't put anything else cause this is when they broke up and I get depressed when I think about it. :( But three chapters in a day! I'm making progress!)