Day 27: One of their birthdays

Kayla cleared her throat. "Uh, Lo'Pho?"

Lo'Pho looked up from devouring his plate of fish. "What?"

"Maybe cool down with the fish."

"She has a point, Lo'Pho," Jake interjected. "You've been going ham on that fish ever since we got it for you. Remember, this is supposed to be Bryan's surprise birthday party, not yours."

"Jakey, calm down, I'm just eating my fish. And I don't even have any ham," Lo'Pho argued.

"It's a figure of speech, Lo'Pho. You know what, never mind," Jake said exasperatedly. "We have a birthday boy to surprise, and I don't want to mess this up. I'm in a big enough mess as it is."

"Oh, really now?" Kayla asked. "What nonsense have you-"

"What in the Dragon Queen is going on?!" Bryan's voice rang out behind her.

The shapeshifter, the cat wizard, and the time manipulator turned around in their seats and yelled "SURPRISE!" in unison. Balloons were everywhere, three presents were tucked in the corner, one of them in the shape of a piano, and the biggest chocolate ice cream cake that Jake could possibly make.

Jake stood up, kissed his boyfriend, and led him over to the cake. They hadn't lit the candles, but Bryan took care of that easily. King of irony. 

The party went as well as it could go with only four people. Or rather, three people and a cat wizard. (I KNOW I SAY IT ALL THE TIME, BUT I CAN'T HELP IT, I THINK IT'S TOO FUNNY!)

After the party was over, Bryan and Jake walked to Bryan's house together and set up his new piano. Once they were done, Bryan sat down at the bench, placed his fingers on the keys, took a deep breath, and started playing. 

Jake sat down next to him and watched him play for a few minutes. He clearly took a huge passion in playing. It was such a simple and beautiful thing, he couldn't help but want to hug him.

(...I can't. I just can't. Too much cuteness, I just can't. I will end up dying from all this cuteness. Can I?)