Day 19: In formal wear

(Dat art is mine, btw. Genderbent, but I'm proud! ;3)

Bryan was nervous like crazy. His hands were shaking so badly, he could barely button his red tuxedo jacket properly. He and Jackson were about to go on a date, a real date. They had gone on a few walks and been to an ice-cream place with Mario and David, but those weren't technically "dates." This was a serious date, and he had no idea what to do. Werewolves weren't made for formal things! Especially not wearing tuxedos. Bryan already felt like he was suffocating from the tie. But there was something else that on his mind...

A week ago, there had been a party or "Monster Mash" at the vampire castle. Mitch had gotten seriously drunk and said a few...choice words about werewolves. They hadn't gone over since. Bryan was a little nervous about meeting Jackson at the restaurant, but he couldn't back out now. 

He quickly made his way to the 5-star restaurant Jackson said to meet him at. He spotted him right away; that gold tux could be seen anywhere. He slid into the seat opposite Jackson and picked a bit of lint of his shirt.

"Hey, Bryan," Jackson said cheerfully.

"Hey, Jackson. What's up?"

"Not much. You?"

"Still in a bad mood after the Beta Trials but otherwise ok."

"Same."

Bryan raised an eyebrow. 

"I meant being a bad mood- oh, you know what I mean!"

"Yeah, I guess I do."

The waiter came, they ordered, the food came within 10 minutes and they ate in silence. After the meal was done, they left, still not saying a word to each other and took a quick walk in the woods. 

Bryan felt eyes on the back of his head, but he brushed it off as him being paranoid. He didn't want to ruin this night. Jackson was holding his hand, being slightly clingy and blushing all the while. Bryan was sure his palms were sweating so badly, it was a miracle Jackson was managing to keep a hold on it.

"Hey, uh Bryan?"

Bryan started before he recognized the voice as Jackson's. "What, Jackson?"

"Can I apologize?"

 "For what? You haven't done anything wrong."

"I didn't. Mitch did. You know, last week?"

"Jackson, that's not something you need to apologize for. Mitch got high, and he hates werewolves anyway. It's not your fault."

"Still, I-"

Bryan froze. "Jackson, shut up."

Jackson whirled around to look at him. "What the heck? You don't need to be-"

"Jackson, shut up and get down!" 

Bryan pushed Jackson into some bushes and hid next to him. Two people ran into the woods, right where they had been standing five seconds ago.

"Where is he?!" One of them shouted. "Marcus said we would find a vampire here, right now!"

"Well, clearly, he lied! And now, we're not gonna get paid!" The other cursed.

Bryan sat shaking, holding Jackson's hand. These two were clearly vampire hunters. And Marcus had told them that Jackson would be here? Bryan knew Marcus liked him, but...this was too far.

Bryan was confused. And he had to find the truth.