Day 23: Arguing

(...why? Why are all of the sad chapters so close together? And the sad fanart too...)

"How can you be such a liar!?" Jake screamed at Bryan, balling his fists. 

"Well, excuse me, prince of the sea!" Bryan yelled back at him. "I didn't realize you wanted me to just be with you and not to talk to any other guys!"

"Talk to other guys?!" Jake said indignantly. "You were making out with Panda!!"

"I already told you, he was drunk off of his face! Do you think I knew he wanted to make out with me?!"

"You seemed to be enjoying it quite a bit, weren't you?"

"He's a good kisser! It was ok, but you know I wouldn't-"

"So you admit it! You do like him!"

"Oh, just cool it, will you? I don't really care anymore if you're gonna be such a selfish, controlling jerk!"

"Well, fine! I don't want to be with a lying, cheating slut like you!"

"Oh, I'm a slut now, am I?!" Bryan shouted. "What are you, then?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Did you honestly think I wouldn't see you, with Bri?"

"What?!" Jake said, shocked. 

"I see you with her, laughing, holding hands, making fun of people you think are below you! You're the selfish jerk here! And I trusted you, loved you, even gave you that stupid Wyvern egg! And you've just used it all for yourself!" Bryan ranted furiously.

Jake raged, "Oh, very funny! I've seen what you do when you think my back is turned! You steal, lie, cheat, and scheme to get all your power! And now, you're practically worshiping that spear thing, the "Seductive Rose" or whatever you call it!" 

Bryan gripped the Seductive Rose tighter. "Get out."

Jake stopped and blinked. "What?"

"OUT! It is over, get out!" Bryan yelled. "I don't want to see your ugly face ever again! OUT!"

Jake's neck tendons tightened and his arms tensed. "Fine! Fine by me!"

He grabbed a suitcase, threw his stuff into it, slammed it shut, and stormed out of the cabin, trident and suitcase in hand. Bryan stared at the door in shock. He hadn't meant to break up with Jake. That was supposed to stop the fight. And it had, but not in the right way.

He knew Jake would be heartbroken. He had to make things right.

(...I'm gonna say it. Bryan, you've messed up.)