Chapter 4

Weeks has passed since the fitness test, everyone is back to their normal selves now. It seems like they have mostly forgotten about the fitness test. The mood are kind of down for a few days after the fitness test. Many people failed it, after all. I thought Chester would be okay after several days, but he still looks affected by it now. I don't know if Rohan notices it, but he sure did nothing about it. Which I am annoyed at. 

     What happen at the fitness test seems to have a tremendous impact on him. He began doubting his ability. I admit, he surely looks useless in that test, especially seeing how he failed to deal damage to the dragon. He deserved all the credits for being able to thought of a (literally) solid plan to defeat the dragon, though! He might be worried that people think he is just a burden to our group. 

     "Rohan! Yohanan!" I quickly came back to reality when I heard my name is being called by the teacher. I immediately turn my head towards the teacher in front of the class. "Please help me bring these papers to my office." He said before walking out of the class. Right, today is our group turn to help the teacher. 

     Rohan and I  both walk towards the teacher's table. Rohan took his portion first. Then, I picked up mine. We  then quietly walked out of the classroom without uttering any words between us.

     The maths teacher's office is very far from our class. I think starting a conversation now will save me from dying in uncomfortable silence. "Is Chester okay?" I asked. I think that sounds thoughtful enough to sound friendly. Other than that, I want to know if Rohan notices it too. I mean...Chester is his friend for God's sake.

     "What do you think?" He said, hints of frustration can be heard from his voice. He then sighs after realising it, "He thinks he's useless," He muttered, answering his own question, the frustration from earlier turns into that of concern.

     "Didn't you two train together?" I asked. They do live together at the castle, after all. Heck, they even live most of their life together. This means they do everything together.  If not because of the heroine, the game might end up becoming a BL visual novel rather than otome.

     Rohan's emotionless face creased a little. He looks both guilty and angry. "He's been skipping training for a while now." He answered. 

     "Why?" I asked, genuinely concern about what is happening in between this two bestfriends.

     Rohan just sighs and there was a long silence before he muttered, "... I'm not sure." His face still does not show any emotion but his hand tightens on the papers he carried. " The fitness test might be the reason." He muttered.

      "I think so too." I said.

     "But if his problem is about him doubting himself. I can't really do anything about it." He said. He is right about that, it is not like Rohan can do anything to make Chester feel better about himself. Chester must try to learn to believe in himself on his own. 

     "You're right." I said, nodding slowly. He just stayed silent. I turn my focus in front back and we both walked in silence. I don't think I will be butting in their problem. This is something that these two must solve on their own. They knew each other long enough to be able to know what is best for each other. I just need to trust in their power of friendship, I guess.

     But it seems like, I will not be doing what I planned at all. 

     "Yohanan, I need your help. Please meet me at this cafe tomorrow." He said to me last Friday while handing me a piece of paper with an adress on it. I was about to reject but he disappeared almost immediately. I do not even need to hear from him, I know he is going to talk about the same exact problem that I am thinking of right now. There goes my hope of not being inserted into any of this.