Chapter 28

'HE SEEMS TO HAVE SOME KIND OF CONNECTION WITH LUNARIA KINGDOM AND KNOX KINGDOM'

        Those words linger in my mind. Knox Kingdom and Lunaria Kingdom, huh? I know Knox kingdom, that is our neighbouring kingdom with whom we have an ugly history. All is fine now though because our kingdom and them sign a peace treaty. What the history is? Well, let just say our ruling family, the 'Lefort' is the one who founded Knox Kingdom but was driven out from there after some traitors did a coup d e'tat. After that, the Lefort founded Sol Kingdom and go to war with them to claim their land back. War, war, and war. Then, peace treaties happen.

         Lunaria Kingdom, on the other hand, is completely foreign and unfamiliar for me. I do not think that name ever came out in our history class too. Is this some more secrets? God, things are getting darker and darker every day. Lunaria Kingdom might not even be a place. It might be a code or something. A code of communication between people of the same group that have the same goal. Ugh, but that is just a guess. 

        Ugh, I guess I need to find a means to search the answer for that. My history textbook is not a choice. Library, maybe? But where do I even starts? And alone by myself? That is ridiculous, there are thousands and thousands of book at the capital library. Ask Cliff? That might just complicate things. Asking Poppy to do everything might complicate things too. She is way too overprotective and that will get in the way. 

        I need to find someone I can trust and might know about the kingdom secret. Someone who has power over this kingdom. That can only lead to Rohan. Surely, as the crown prince, he must be thought something average child might not know. He will rule the kingdom in the future after all. It is dumb to shield him from things. After all, the job of an heir is to continue a legacy. A legacy of lies, if that is the case. 

        Sol Kingdom might be not what we all imagine it is.

         I snapped back to reality and just stare at Mr. Berry who was teaching Maya the basics of fighting. Maya clearly has trouble with PE Class. I guess that is only natural, she cannot even protect herself for her own sake in the game. Always relying on others. As much as a burden she is, people still willing to stay by her side and protect her. Just because she is special. A light mage. A heroine. 

        I shook my head to stop from the thoughts to multiply. I will lose my head if I kept thinking like that. I turn to focus on Mr. Berry. He is a mystery. An enigma. A drunkard who has scratchy looking stubbles and unkempt slid to the back hair with a few strands falling on his face. Poppy was right, he looks older than he is. If you really look at him and imagine if he kept up his appearance, he would look like someone in their mid or late 20's. 

          Hmm, I do not think I ever see his eye turning amber again since I made a deal to stop prying on his secrets. He said he knew I noticed his eyes oddities and he used that exact thing to lured me into his trap and make the deal with me. That must mean that the first time I met him, he must have slipped up or something. A mistake. That means he is not as careful as I thought he is. But he also notices that I notice it at the same time too. So that means he is someone that is very alert and perceptive. 

        But that trap and that deal. When I think of it carefully, I think he is new to whatever he is doing. If he is some kind of spy, he would have killed me long ago. He must kill me if he wants to protect his secret. What makes him think I can be trusted to be silent about his suspiciousness? Well, I guess he is right to trust me. I did not share that suspicion with anyone other than Poppy and I did stop doing the spying for a while. But that is just because I do not have the time to investigate him at the time. Now, I need to have the time.

      There is one more thing, he said something about not hurting me and the boys. That hints that whatever he is doing, it might be dangerous. But maybe, it might just be harmless. What does he mean by that? Does it mean he will spare us for whatever he is doing? Or does it mean whatever he is doing is harmless?

      As for what I personally think of him, I just think he is an annoying drunkard man who has so many potentials but wastes it all away. But he did get a job in this school so not completely wasted, I guess. I do not think he is THAT dangerous. I have a suspicion but I do not really fear him. My gut feeling just keeps telling me to discover things about him. There is something about him...Something I think I need to know. Some kind of truth. 

     I shook my head and sigh audibly. I just think something about him might make the weird scary changes make some sense. What if...he is someone like me? That... actually... might be nice.

      Ugh, better stop hoping for something like that. Oh yeah, where am I again? Oh yeah, I need to somehow get information out of Rohan. But how? I cannot just go to him and say something like, "Hey, do you know anything about Lunaria Kingdom?" to him. Well, maybe I can but I am not that good at lying to answer his questions after that. Worst is if he did not know anything about it at all. That just complicates things. Too many questions. 

       Ah! what should I do? what should I do?

       Wait, I think...there is nothing wrong with just telling him everything, right? But...what if he reacts negatively? And that might just make my bad ending more severe. Well, hmm, I can try to expose him to these things little by little then. I need to see how he reacts. If negatively, I will think of another way.

        I need to plan for that.