Chapter 6

I put a little more seasoning on top of my sunny side up egg. While enjoying the breakfast, I turn to look at my family on the dining table. Right beside me is my cousin, Clifford Saige. Opposite of us is my mother and at the end of the table beside us is my father.

     My father was reading his paper work while eating and also ignoring my mother's disapproval. He throws excuses left and right wishing my mother would let him do it but it seems like it has no effect on her.

     My father, is actually very famous in this kingdom. Aside from having the title, duke, he is also famous for being mysterious and also because of his good looks and charming demeanor. He has a very handsome face and seems to age like a fine wine. He is also quite charismatic. Pretty much an ideal man.

     As for my mother, she is a noblewoman from another kingdom. Her family moved to this kingdom when she was in her teenage years. She is also a very attractive looking woman, although her vibe is the exact opposite of my father. My father have a welcoming and friendly face while my mother have a cold and intimidating face. Her hair is wavy and very thick which makes her hair looks messy most of the time. Strangers always felt uneasy around her.

     As for my cousin, he has been living with us ever since I can remember. I always remember him being around ever since I was very little. He is way older than me too. He works as an archivist at the Great Library of Sol. People often mistake us as siblings because we looks identical. Both of us have a golden blonde hair and bright blue eyes which are the typical traits of the Saige family.

     However, my cousin and my father have that kind-looking face while I inherited my mother's face which resulted in me having the typical 'bratty and spoiled rich heiress' vibe surrounding me.

      I just need to accept my fate, though. I am the villainess, after all. If I inherited my father's kind-looking face, I would have been the heroine.

     My mother ended her rage with a sigh after my father finally obliged. That is only because one of his paperwork got stained by his food.

    "So, Yohanan, how is school?" My mother asked me. Although her questions sounds completely normal, her expression betrayed her. There is a tinge of worry showing on her face.

     My parents are always busy with their work, their works often involved them going somewhere far. Sometimes it took them a year or two to finish whatever work they were doing. I cannot complain though, I live a very comfortable life because of this.

     "I'm fine." I replied. I love my parents a lot. But their absence sure leaves a mark in our relationship as parents and child. It did not take long for me to suddenly feel awkward when talking to them after all those years and months being apart.

     "Just fine?" My mother asked for further information.

     " Yeah." I answered simply.

     My mother then turns to look at Poppy who was standing like a statue near the dining room entrance. A quick glance from my mother quickly earned a nod from Poppy. 

      "She often socialise with the crown prince and his knight." Poppy reported.

     My father turns his attention on me. "Well, I shouldn't be surprised. But I am," He said. "He's in your class?" He asked.

     "Of course, they are. You know how that academy group its students..." My mother said with a sigh. Not agreeing with how Sol Academy classed its students. "All the kids from powerful and influential family will be put in the same class." She explained.

      I somehow felt like they are quite uneasy to hear that I am talking with Prince Rohan. "I shouldn't be around him or something?" I asked them.

     "No, no, it's not like that. You can do whatever you want, Yohanan." My mother comforted me.