Chapter 14

It has been a month since the fitness test. Life has been peaceful. Well, at least, not now. A group of senior girls tries to bully me. I am scared but since my face looks scary all the time, the girls kept thinking I am unfazed by them and is challenging them to a fight. I am too scared to even utter any word right now. I can run, I think. But they will think I am a coward and I will definitely be bullied if they spread that all over the school. Fake it 'till you make it, I guess.

I just blocked out everything these girls said by zoning out. I guess this is one more reason not to bully the heroine later when she transfers here. It sucks.

"Are you even listening to us?!" One of the girls yelled at me. I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling uncomfortable, but it may look like I am giving her a death glare as she gasped for a second there. "I-I said stop keeping Rohan and Chester to yourself!" She shouted again after recovering from being given a death glare.

"I'm not. If you want to talk to them, just go and talk to them." I said. "It's not my fault if they don't like you, though," I said clearly throwing some sass at the girl. Ooooh, I can feel my inner villainess clawing out from inside my heart. I may be scared just now but now I think I am a little annoyed, shouting and yelling is not the way to talk. Why cannot they just ask me nicely? It is not like I am going to beat them up. I do not want to get detention for fighting. I also need to stay away from that since I need to keep up my good girl reputation.

"What you say?!" The girl shouted again. Ugh, this girl needs to learn that shouting will bring her nowhere. Where is her dignity? A lady cannot be seen shouting and yelling in public.

Should I fight back? Ugh, no. This is not the right situation to use the 'fight fire with fire' technique. Ah, the teacher must have been suspicious now that I have been gone for too long. I hope he searched for me. These girls sure are diligent to wait for me to go to the toilet and then ambush me like this.

They did not start hitting me, though. Should I scare them a little? That should be fun. I took a step forward. The girls take a step back, obviously scared if I do anything bad to them. They are cowards themselves. Ugh, please go away. I do not have time for this.

"Hey, what are you all doing here?!" Someone yelled at us.

The girls were about to fight back but then they backed up and excused themselves. Oh? Who is this lovely lady that can tame these wild girls? I turn to look at her. She is beautiful. She has red straight silky hair that she put into a ponytail. Her eyes are round but her green eyes sure have some kind of sharpness in it. She looks mature and her body language shouts maturity and confidence.

When the pathetic girls are gone, her sharp green eyes now soften, she sighed and turn to look at me with concern in her eyes. "Are you okay?" She asked me.

"I am. But thank you for helping me." I said, not forgetting to thank her.

"You must be Yohanan Saige..." She muttered. "I heard what the girls say to you. Ignore them. They're just too obsessed with the prince and his friend, he is O'Brien, right?" She said, trying to recall Chester's last name. "Nevermind, things are out of control now since your batch came here." She said and laugh at the end of her last sentence. Oh my God, she has such a beautiful womanly laugh.

I just laugh along with her but slowly stopped as I started becoming conscious of how weird my laugh sounds like. After that, there was a long uncomfortable silence between us. "I need to go back to class..." I said trying to escape from this awkward situation.

"Oh? Right, sorry for keeping you too long." She said, looking almost grateful I managed to find a way to end the uncomfortable silence just now. Oh? So a perfect looking woman like her also has her weaknesses? That makes her even more awesome.

I was about to walk out of the toilet without looking back but then I turn to look at her back. "What is your name?" I asked. Does that sound creepy? It is not creepy to ask people their names, right?

She gave me a toothy smile, "Leliana Wellington. I'm a fourth-year student." She said. No wonder she looks so mature. Oh God, her name literally shouts 'strong independent woman'.

"See you soon, Lady Wellington," I said before quickly walking back to my class. I hope I can meet her soon. I think...I want to be her friend.

I quietly eat my lunch as Rohan and Chester were busy talking about things at the castle. I need some kind of plan to avoid being ambushed by irrational girls like before. Should I make myself scarier? But how can I do that without beating up some people and gather some followings? I am not exactly charismatic so finding friends to build a large following will be hard.

Talking about friends, that senior, Leliana Wellington... She seems friendly enough. If I can befriend her... not only I can be immune from being bullied by third-year students but also finally have a female friend. Someone I can connect with...Oh God, I really want to be her friend. Even though I already spent a year and two months of my life in this school, I never met someone, a girl, who treat me nicely and am not scared of me.

"Hey, Yohanan, how are you?" Oh, that voice! Leliana! But what's up with people calling me by my first name when we are not even friends yet. But I do not care if it is Leliana. she is kewwwllll (cool).

"Who is this?" Rohan asked me, sternly. He clearly is not used to having a stranger invading our circle.

"We...met," I said, not wanting to tell Rohan that some senior girls were trying to bully me and Leliana saved me before bad things happen.

Leliana seems to understand that I do not wish to tell them what happened and just introduced herself to both Chester and Rohan and explains that we just met. "All of you sure lived your first and second year in a bubble, huh? You don't even know me." She said. Rohan just gave her a frown but Chester try very hard to apologise for Rohan's rudeness to her. "....I'm the youngest student council this school ever has. And I want to help you." She said after explaining things towards Rohan who still look at her with a suspicious glare.

Did I just hear she say that she wants to help me? Leliana is the coolest person I ever met. I spent the whole lunch dreamily listening to her explaining that she understand the trouble we are facing and wanted to find a way for us to study peacefully at this school. She also sometimes emphasized that both Rohan and Chester need to think about my feelings and troubles too. She ended the conversation by saying that she is looking forward to being friends with us along the way.

"I don't like he-"

"No, we need to be friends with her," I said, giving a deathly glare to Rohan. With that, Rohan just stayed silent while Chester trying to give Rohan the benefits of having Leliana around.

I will finally have a girl friend.