Chapter 8

"It looks like we're in the same row again," I said. I do not know if I should be happy about it or not. Some part of me thinks by staying close with the boys, I will never have other friends. Mainly, girl friends. But most part of me is cool with it. Just a thought. We are friends. I do not need a lot of friends, right?

       "Good," Rohan said simply while walking towards our assigned row with Chester following him. He really will only stick with the ones he knows, huh? I wonder what kind of king he will be. He is not that sociable. He will be hard to work with for sure.

     I followed them. We are second-year students now which means we will be in a new classroom. This classroom is not that different from our first year one but the space is definitely bigger. We got good lightings too. As for our row, this year we are sitting in the front row. Yeah, I am screwed for this year. As for seating position. Rohan near the window, Chester in the middle and then me. A strategic position because people will need to go through me first to even bother them. I hope this year will be peaceful, the girls sure have a hard time understanding that Rohan and Chester do not want to be bothered.

       "Yohanan. Guess what?" Chester said, his eyes twinkling and his grin is big.

        "Guess what?" I asked.

        "Rohan and I are planning to move our training place to another place. Somewhere fun unlike the back of the school." He said.

        "Where?"

        "At the hill."

         "The one between our school and the castle?" I asked. I think I know this place he is talking about. In Rohan's route, there will be a brief CG event that brought the heroine and Rohan to a hill where Chester and Rohan used to play at a lot. They found an abandoned tree house and somehow fixed it and it becomes their secret fort. The event does hint that they stopped playing there though. I'm surprised that they are now thinking to make that place alive again. 

       "Yes, it's not far and it's only a short hike from the bottom. It's the royal's ground, so things will be quieter." Chester said. "Do you think the treehouse will still be okay?" He asked Rohan.

      "I don't know," Rohan said.

      "More reason to check it out after school today. I miss that place." Chester said. "Want to come with us?" He turned to look at me back.

     "Okay," I answered. I got nothing to do after school anyway. You might be questioning. How can the three of us afford to have such a flexible schedule if we are picked up by our family coachman who only knows when school time ends? You see, this world has magic, you cannot forget that. Every child of nobilities or royal have a special made magical button sewn into their coats (for boys) or cape (for girls). Simply touch it and just say something to your coachmen. And that's that. It's like leaving someone a voicemail but with magic.

     Wow, I never thought a tree house looks that awesome. The person who builds it from scratch must be very skilled. Well, there are new patches of wood planks nailed onto some hole and rotting woods but it is still awesome looking. I never saw one in my life, even in my past life.

       "Climb up, Yohanan. Things will be more awesome!" Chester said while Rohan is already climbing up.

       I just stay still, "You first." I said.

       Chester tilted his head, "Why?" He asked.

        "She is wearing a skirt, Chester. Get a hint!" Rohan shouted from on top of the ladder.

          Chester's face went red. "I'm sorry. I always forgot you're a girl." He said before escaping the awkward situation by climbing up the ladder like a scared monkey. I don't know. Should I be offended or something? I think I should. Did he just basically say he sees me as a boy? Wow, that hurts unexpectedly a lot. Am I not feminine enough?

      I sighed and then climbed up the ladder. When I almost reach the top, Rohan held out a hand to me. I reached for it and I easily climbed onto the deck. As antisocial as he is, he still has that gentleman value to him.

       "Need some fixing," Rohan said while carefully checking the wooden floor to see if it is still strong. Judging by what he said, the treehouse seems to be not that safe. I somehow regretted coming up here. "But still okay, really. It's strong." He muttered again. Well, that's good. I take back what I said.

       I open the door to the inside of the treehouse and amazed to see how big the space inside is. "Add some big beanbags and a couple of pillows. This place will be cozy." I said. But then I walk out and look around the edge of the deck and the trees around us. "If we build a zip line, things will be fun too."

       "We'll leave everything to you, then. That sounds awesome." Chester said. "Imagine, zip-lining." He said dreamily.

        "It won't be fun if you break some bones," Rohan said. "I know how to levitate, unlike you two." He added and levitate a little.

       "Shut up, show off." I teased and chuckle. Chester joined in laughing loudly. Rohan just clicked his tongue but I see a smirk on his face.

        After spending the entire evening discussing what will we do with the treehouse and everything around, we finally decided to go home. It is good to be royal, Rohan always has someone that can do something. I bet I will be spending a lot of time at this treehouse after everything is done. Aside from spectating the boys' training, of course.