Chapter 21

"Ahhhh, Mari doesn't like to brainstorming!" Marigold shouted after a few minutes of silence.

           "Can't we just celebrate it at the castle?" Monika said, looking at Rohan.

            "No. Only royal members can use the castle and walk in it freely." He answered.

             Then, the six of us went silent again. My house is a no-no since my parents are not home to give consent to host a party. The castle is off-limit so its also a no-no. Hmm, what place is good for celebrating and comfortable enough for rich kids?

               "Why don't we just celebrate it at school?" Chester said. We give his idea a thought for a second before agreeing with it. Knowing everyone kind of agree with him, he began explaining his reason behind it, " Since school is open until 6 p.m., there is plenty of time for us. Our school cafeteria worker can actually provide us food. Classmates that lives at the school dorm can also join us in that way."

                "So are we celebrating it in class or cafeteria?" Timothy asked.

                "The class will be a mess if wd celebrate it there," I said, already thinking of the mess and how much work it is to clean all of it. I do not want to clean a mess on my birthday. I doubt any of us wants to do that anyway.

                  "Cafeteria, then. Now, what will we eat?" Monika asked. "Tim, make sure you write all of it down." She said toward Timothy.

                  "Ugh, of course, I'm the one who's going to ask the worker later." He complained.

                  "Duh, who else?" Monika said.

                  Wait, actually, "I know someone who can arrange that for us!" I said.

                  Monika and Marigold took a few seconds to figure out who it is but, in the end, their eyes light up, "The Prez!" "Prez Lily!" Both of them say simultaneously. "She's free right now, I think. We better call her here." Monika said. Marigold enthusiastically stood up and said, "I'll go and fetch her!" before she ran out of the library to fetch Leliana at the student council room.

               After Marigold successfully fetches Leliana to the library, now there are seven of us. We look almost like we are doing a round table meeting." What do you need?" She asked us.

                "Arrange with the cafeteria worker to cook food for a birthday party," Monika answered.

                "Oh?" She said. "Easy. The student council always do a long meeting so we always request them to send us some food." She added. "And whose birthday is this?" She asked as she looks at each one of us.

                "Me!" I said with a wide smile.

                "Ooooh, will there be an invitation for me?" She jokingly said.

                "Feel free to come really," I said.

                "When?" She asked. Then, Timothy told her every important and necessary thing to her so she can arrange things with the cafeteria workers. We then discuss what food to serve. We ended up agreeing on light foods and juices. After that, we also discussed decorations and also the cake. The last thing we discussed is about money. With what we have planned so far, it required us to pay 35 silver per person. Everyone agreed with that decision pretty quickly. Well, we are from well-off families, 35 silver is nothing to us. 

                   Timothy writes one last thing in his little notebook before saying, "So, tomorrow we'll be shopping for decorations?" He asked for confirmation from us.