Chapter 7

"Rise and shine, dear. We need to get ready!" My mother's voice interrupted my sleep. I opened my eyes to see her and several other maids entering my room. Mother opens the curtains, and I was blinded by the sun for a moment.

      "Get ready for what?" I asked, yawning at the end of the sentence. I look at the wall clock in my room and it was still 7 in the morning. 

      "For the prince's birthday. Don't you remember?" She said while ordering the maids to prepare my bath.

     "Isn't that like at 7 p.m.? That's like hours from now..." I said but still got up from my bed and do some stretching to get the sleepiness to go away. 

      "This is your début into society." She said. "I don't want to force you to do these things but I cannot bear what the others will say about you if I don't do all of this." He said. Well, that is protective of her. Women in the nobility are known to be merciless gossipers. I understand her concern but still, 7 in the morning is too early.

       After taking a regular warm bath, I followed the maids to our manor special room where my mother and I always have our fun little spa day. Today will be fun but it will be over the top. Tonight is the prince's birthday, after all.

     As soon as I enter the spa room, I was quickly ushered by the maids to sit on a special chair beside my mother who was already lying there with face musk on her face and fruit on both of her eyes. It was not long before I ended up in the same state as my mother. 

      It was quite. 

      Oh. You might be wondering about this début and the prince's birthday. Okay, here is the deal. The prince's birthday is not celebrated publicly like every damn year. It is a tradition of the royal to only celebrate the prince's thirteenth birthday publicly. The others will be private. That birthday party will also be the prince's début into the society as well as every young nobility and royal in the kingdom. Hence, why this is important. 

     "You can choose what to gift the prince after this," My mother asked." The maids must have prepared those at my study room already." 

      "What are some the choices?" I asked.

      "We have a spellbook, sword, clothes, enchanted rings and a lot more," She answered. "We acquired quite a lot during out journey. Might as well gift some to the prince." She added.

      "I hope I'll make choose the right gift," I muttered. "It's not like I know them that much."

     My mother sigh. "I can't blame you. You did say you're not really friends with them." She said. "Let's talk about other things then. Do you really enjoy school? "

      "Why are you asking?" I asked. 

      "I know you are not a social person. Are you enjoying school? Do you have friends? Are you being bullied?" She asked. 

       My mother is a great mother. Although she is always busy because of her work with father. She still always find time to spend time with me. I am her only child, after all. I wonder if she stays the same if I am like the Yohanan in the game. Will she be disappointed in me? No, disappointed is not right. She would blame herself for raising such a villainous daughter. But am I even good now? I do not have a sparkly school life like my mother's. I do not have a group of besties like her. Other girls do not even dare to talk to me. It is kind of lonely.