Chapter 25

I slowly climbed up the stair after coming back from the toilet. Now that I am a third year, my class is now on the third floor. That means it is way farther from the toilet than before. It is not just taking a lot more time but also taking a lot of energy now. I was on my way to the third-floor stair but stopped when I see a group of boys surrounding 'something' or 'someone' to the wall. I do not know what they are doing, but whatever it is, they must be dumb to do it in this place. The stairs area is the place that has the most heavy traffics, they could easily be caught by a prefect or a teacher passing by.--

        "No, don't hurt me. The scar is still hurting..." I heard a boy's voice pleading. Oh, these boys business here is bullying, huh? They are the real deal too. Hitting and all. My mind wanders back to back when a group of third-year girls tried to bully me but stopped right away when Leliana comes to save me. Maybe, I should help the poor bullied boy too.

        "That won't be fun!" One of the bully said then laugh. The laugh sure sounds like they are enjoying it a little too much. Ugh, that is disturbing.  A bully and a sadist? That is dangerous.

       "Please, no." The same pleading voice can be heard. I was about to interfere but before I can react, I can hear the sound of a punch being landed. The pleading boy groaned in pain but I can hear he tried to restrain the volume of his groan. Geez, this boy must have been bullied many times already. Poor him. 

        After the first hit, I can see a hand being raised, ready land a slap now. This time I waste no time and run to grab that hand. "Stop!" I snarled. "Or else..." I said, menacingly. If there is one thing I learn about self-defense from Mr. Berry, it to just use my natural talent to be intimidating. 

        Some of the group started to take a few steps back when they see I just yanked the boy who seems to be their leader's hand. Hmm, what to do? I cannot just release the leader right now...

        "The rest of you better run or I'll drag every one of you to the disciplinary room." I threatened them. Surely, all of them began to run back to their class. Except for the one boy who seems to be the leader, of course, because I am still grabbing him by his wrist.

        The bully leader suddenly snapped out of his shocked state when he heard what I just said and began to struggle. "Let me go, you bitch!" He yelled. My eyes widen. What family is he from? What kind of high standing family raised a boy with a foul mouth like him? Not only he is a bully, but he also has no manners too and no brain to think about who the hell he is saying those words to. 

         "Oh, call me that, all you like. Don't regret it if I do something." I said, angry but more composed than before. I am mostly just bluffing anyway. There is no use to get truly angry for dumb kids. 

          "You're just a girl, you can't do anything!" He yelled again. Geez, he yells so much, I am surprised no prefects or teacher came to see what is happening yet.

         "Said the boy who is being yanked by the girl that apparently can't do anything," I said just to pick some fun. The boy keeps struggling so much that he did not hear what I just said. Seeing he is still not affected, I try to think of something that I can say to really scare him. Something not everyone can do, Oh yeah, I know..."You know what? I never fail my fitness test." I said. "Only with daggers too," I muttered behind his ear. That is half true but even if it is a big round lie. Who cares? As long as this boy gets scared.

           With that, the boy suddenly stop struggling. His hand went limp a little and he shuddered. Oh boy, he must have failed his fitness tests. With a pleading voice, he said, "I'm sorry. Let me go. Let me go." I just let him go after that and he wastes no time to run away to his class.

           Well, that went well. With a scary face and intimidation, I really can do anything. 

           I shook my head, then turn to look at the bullied boy who was now laying on the floor. Right when my eyes laid on this boy, my eye widens in disbelief. Brown curly hair and heterochromia eyes. This boy is Gabriel Owens!

           "T-thank you..." He stammered. Hmm, he probably is scared of. But I am scared of him too right now. We are not supposed to meet at all. Not in this condition also. Oh God, changes after changes are coming right now.

             Why is he being bullied, though? His parents are like S level celebrity in this kingdom. They even sing for the emperor on some occasions. I thought he will be famous and not be this... Pathetic. Well, I cannot say that right now, I did remember that Poppy told me he was hospitalised after getting attacked.

               "Y-yeah..." I muttered. "Did they bully you a lot?" I asked. I cannot help but ask that question. As heartless as I can be sometimes, I am not that cruel to not be worried about his wellbeing. I do know a little bit how being rounded by bullies felt like. Thanks to Leliana, I never need to know fully what it felt like.

                 Gabriel looked down then nodded. He is still laying on the floor.

                 Huh? "Didn't they know who you are? You're Gabriel Owens. Aren't they scared to bully you?-- " I stopped right away when I realised what I just said. "Forget that," I said sternly.

                 Hearing me say his name, he jumped a little. "It's...a secret. I can't--. It's dangerous--. How do you--? " He started panicking.

                Oh, now everything clicks, so his identity is being protected... I guess that is a good move. No one wants any attacker to come after him again. But he still looks like Gabriel Owens though? His main features, his two different coloured eyes is still there. "Oh." That is the only thing I manage to let out from my mouth. I guess I am really the only one who knew he is the GABRIEL OWENS since I have memories from my past life. The Owens never really shows Gabriel to the public.-- WAIT! Does that mean I am being creepily suspicious, right now? I did just show him that I recognise him. OH NO!--

                Suddenly, he just smiled, "Well, I see that you're close with the prince. I guess that's why you can recognise me." He brushed off what just happened. Phew! But... Wait? Rohan knew him? That...I did not know that. And! He knew me?! I am more famous than I thought...

                  I held out a hand for him."You better get to class," I said to end the uncomfortable conversation. Gabriel just stares at my hand for a few seconds before taking it. I slowly assist him to stand up. Man, for a boy, he sure has a soft hand. After he is already standing on his own two feet, I said, "See you soon, I guess." What the heck? Why did I choose 'see you soon'?! No matter how much friends I have made, my social skill is still pretty bad!

                  His eyes widen, "Y-yeah...see you soon." He muttered.

                  With that, I continue my way to my class. Well, I finally met Gabriel Owens. Good to know he is fine. Well, maybe not so fine but okay. He is like a new person, though. I thought Gabriel Owens are more...energetic? Is this really another changes? God, I cannot help but tell myself to brace for more changes to come.