Chapter 11

"Why does Chester take so long? He's just fetching us some snacks to eat." I said while playing around with my bow. "How do you two forget to stock up the foods anyway?" I said not really meaning it as a question.

      "Complaining isn't helping either. So just shut up and wait." Rohan said, not even bothering himself to look up at me from his book.

      "Why are you so mean?" I said but Rohan did not bother to answer that. I sighed and took one of my arrows. "Hey, Rohan, look at me!" I said as I slowly stood in a correct posture. I take a deep breath and hold it in, then I let go of my arrow and it flies straight towards a tree. It managed to penetrate the thick layer of the tree and stayed attached. "I can finally do it!" I cheered. I turn to look at Rohan and was surprised that he actually is watching me.

      "Well done." He said, congratulating me.

       "Tha-," I stopped abruptly as I realised he is actually congratulating me. "Wait, what?! Did you just said that?" I said in shock.

       "Yes." He said he is now furrowing his eyebrows. "Why are you so surprised by that?" He asked.

       "I mean, you can be an ass sometimes," I muttered.

       Rohan closes his book and stood up. He walks closer to me until we are only inches apart. "Care to repeat what you just said, Lady Saige?" He said in the most menacing voice I ever heard from him.

       I look up at him. He has grown taller than me now, okay he is scary. I give up, I take back what I say. But saying that would just give him satisfaction. What to do, Yohanan? What to do?!

       Seeing me only staring at him right in the eyes without uttering a single word makes him sigh and he stepped away from me. "I see you put a lot of effort into learning archery. I give credit where credit is due." He said as he walks back towards where he was sitting.

          "You actually appreciate me?" That sentence escaped from my mouth.

          He stopped midway and turn to look at me, "Why wouldn't I?" He said.   I can feel something fluttering in my stomach as it began to feel light. But then everything was gone when Chester's voice can be heard from the distance calling our name. I turn to look at Chester figures emerging from afar but then I stole some glance at Rohan who was picking up his book.

            "Kebabs are the best!" I said as I swallow the last kebab in my mouth.

             "You sure do eat a lot," Rohan said staring at me.

            "Ugh, I need to exercise a lot now. Thank you for reminding me that I overeat." I said while sighing loudly.

             "We'll be training tomorrow so don't worry," Chester said as he is munching away at his kebabs. As much as I eat, he ate a lot more.

             "Not everyone has good metabolism, Chester," I said. Chester only gave me an apologetic smile before munching on another stick of kebabs.

              "So about the fitness test..." I muttered. "It's like the first week next month. And we are like on week two of this month. Do you think we can pass that and get done with all this?" I said as I pick up my bow.

               "You don't like archery?" Rohan asked.

                I look down at my bow for a while before answering, "I don't know. I mean, I am better at using daggers. I helped you two last year with it." I said. "This bow is not the daggers."

            "Last time I sound something like that, you get mad at me, Yohanan," Chester said. I expect him to be joking but he looks and sounds serious. There is wisdom in what he just said too. I am being stupid by doubting myself. "So don't think like that." He said, his obsidian eyes show warmth in it.

               I look down at my bow again. This weapon is basically the mark of changes in this world. I fear if I keep using it, big scary changes can happen to me. "Let's just see what happens until the fitness test is over, then," I said as we all stood up and got ready to practice together with our own weapons.

           Chester has gotten better at using his sword. He has started to acknowledge what he can do and not do with his swords. He also began to understand that he needs quick thinking to overcome his weaknesses. I guess sword is really for him. He is good at strategy. I can see his future being the army commander. Leading in the front line, barking orders. I mean, I literally see his future. Since my past self actually played his route and see his endings.

            As for Rohan, he also has learned how to channel his magic through the staff and make magical things happen. Since he has overcome his obstacles, he is just enjoying trying out new harder spells that he thought he can never do before because no one really teaches him how to use staffs or wands. Well, a king is expected to wield a sword and only use mild magic to amplify things. No one really expects him to do advanced magic. The kingdom has the Minister of Magic to do that.

              And here I am, being absolutely bad at mastering things. I only managed to learn the basics of archery. I still cannot shoot properly while moving and keeping distance. I still cannot use this skill to survive in battle and the fitness test is like roughly two weeks from now.

              Mr. Berry said if we managed to pass the fitness test, we have a choice to abandoned these weapons. But I think that choice is only pointed towards me as Rohan and Chester actually liked what they were given. The problem will not stop even after the fitness test, huh. I still have to choose between daggers and bow. Ugh, I will think about it later.