Gift

Harry was surprised that his meeting with Voldemort had gone rather well, after getting past the fact that Tom tried to kill him several times; however, he would have done the same in his situation. All in all, the meeting had been successful. 

With a sigh, he took another book from the restricted section. As a champion, he has access to the whole library, something which he was very glad about. This allowed him to read something new, otherwise, he would have lost his sanity, more so than he already has. He was a bit surprised he did not take advantage of this last time, however, he had come to terms with his past self and how he used to be. This time, there was no reason not to take advantage of it, since he already knows what the tasks will be.

Deeming the books he had to be sufficient, he sat down in a corner of the library, a little out of the way, giving the illusion of privacy. He has yet to see the other students' reactions, but he doesn't feel inclined to, nor does he honestly care. He would still wait for as long as he can.

The previous day, the day he met with Voldie, he managed to avoid everyone for the entire day. It was amazingly quiet and peaceful. Not that he was trying to avoid the reactions, he honestly does not care, but it would still be annoying to have everyone starring at him.

Sadly, his little heaven could not go unnoticed for long. Less than an hour after he sat down his proximity ward alerted him that someone was approaching. A few seconds later he was joined by two people.

Though he hid it well, he was surprised to see that it was not Hermione, or some other Gryffindor, as he had expected. It was Zacharias Smith and Wayne Hopkins, two Hufflepuffs. In his past life, he had never been close to the two, and Smith hated him as much as Malfoy did. He also only remembered Hopkins because he was one of the few people that was trying to save the muggleborns. Since Hopkins was a muggle-born, he was able to use his muggle resources to find and help any children he could. Harry didn't know what happened to him, Hopkins, along with several others, vanished without a trace. Harry did hope that his death was quick and he did not end up in a lab, like hundreds of others.

"Yes?" he asked, looking at the two Puffs curiously. He didn't even need to fake it; he had no clue what was going to happen. This never occurred in his previous life.

"We came to offer our helo for the tournament if you need it," Smith answered. The shock and disbelief must have shown on Harry's face because Hopkins continued.

"Cedric told us what happened. It was agreed between all the Hufflepuffs to help you. We Hufflepuffs are loyal and none of us forgot what happened in our second year. We accused you without any evidence and we were ready to do it again before Cedric told us you took an Oath. Helga would be so ashamed and disappointed in our behavior. You are the youngest, you are a Hogwarts student, the least we can do is help you in any way we can," Hopkins spoke.

"Thank you," Harry replied, not knowing how to respond to that. They were giving him what he wanted in his first life. Granted, now he isn't craving it as much, but he still appreciated it. With Death around, Harry would never be alone again. Even so, he was happy with the outcome; he would need witches and wizards that would follow him. Voldie has his Death Eaters, but to fight against the muggles, it would not be enough, it was nowhere near enough.

"So, what are you doing?" Hopkins asked, bringing Harry out of his thoughts.

"Since we don't know what the first task will be, I decided to study some obscure spells. I have been raiding the restricted section since all the champions have a free pass to it. Never know what might pop up in these books," Harry replied.

"Cedric opted to do the same. He asked his father to send him some books from their library. Why don't you use the Potter library? It must have a ton of information, the Potters were a rather old family," Smith suggested.