Barty's Pride

Harry left the room to find Barty, he decided to just check Barty's room. He knocked on Barty's door out of politeness, even though he just wanted to barge in the room and just collapse on the floor.

"Who is it?" he heard a voice, that wasn't Barty's.

"I'm back, Is Barty in there?" Harry asked, his voice was still raw from his breakdown earlier, so he wasn't sure if Barty would recognize him.

"Come in, Harry," Barty called out, the concern clear in his tone.

Harry nodded at the familiar voice and entered the room.

"Where did you go?" Bella asked as Harry entered the room.

"I went to a muggle lab," Harry answered.

The LeStranges and Barty look at Harry in shock and not just because of where he was.

"What happened to your voice?" Barty asked

"Nothing," Harry answers shortly.

Barty sighs, knowing he isn't answering because of the other occupants in the room.

"Okay, why did you go to a muggle lab?" Rabastan asks.

"To blow it up," Harry answered plainly as if this was a normal occurrence, which it was, for him.

"How many muggles did you trap in it when you blew it?" Barty asked, knowing how Harry thinks.

"Any muggle who entered the building was not able to leave at the time of the explosion. Anything left standing after the explosion was demolished afterward. No survivors," Harry answered honestly.

"What did they do to piss you off?" Rodolphus asked, in a joking manner.

Harry's eyes darkened, his anger showing quite clearly, except the elements were not reacting to him, "You do not want to know," he answered honestly.

"Hey, Harry, you know how we were going to do that thing during the weekend?" Barty asked.

"Yes, is everything okay?" Harry replied.

"Yes, I was just wondering if we can do it today instead of this weekend," Barty asked.

"Sure. Whenever you feel ready to do it, we can, although, I am leaving around three," Harry answered.

"We can do it now if you are able to," Barty suggested.

"It's your mother if you want to do it now, we can. Are they going to remain here during it?" Harry asked, motioning towards the LeStranges.

"Yes. They know they how close I was to my mother, they were rather fond of her as well," Barty answered.

"I don't understand, what about Barty's mother?" Rabastan asks.

"You'll see," Barty answered his friend. He turned and nodded to Harry, who slipped the ring on his finger and summoned Mrs. Crouch.

Harry had his eyes closed for a bit, but opened them at the sound of three gasps. He saw a wispy looking witch, looking at Barty with love in her eyes.

"My son," she states.

"Mom..." Barty whispered sadly.

"You don't need to apologize, I wanted you out of that place. I willingly traded places with you, I was already dying. You know that. I did not know that your father was going to Imperious you, though, and for that I am sorry. I love you so much, Barty," Mrs. Crouch stated.

"I love you too, mom," Barty spoke barely above a whisper.

"So, who is your new friend? I already know the LeStranges," Mrs. Crouch asked.