The End of the Toad

Harry was practicing when his godfather and Remus walked into the room. Startled, Harry sent a stream of water towards the pair. He was greeted with the sound of two yelps.

Harry looked at the door, "Sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone to come in while I was in here," Harry said sheepishly. Then added, "Granted, I should have, all things considered."

"You got me freed? Why?" Sirius asks, looking confused yet happy.

"Well, Tom and I decided that it was much better to lose the weak coward, gaining a wolf and an ex-auror than to have two useful people unable to do anything and a coward not able to do much. So he agreed with me that freeing you would help us better. Also, in my last life, you died before you were ever freed. I wanted to make sure that can't happen this time," Harry answered.

"So what do you think the Ministry will do when they realize that they cannot blame the break out on Sirius?" Remus asks, wondering what the plan was.

"They will probably pin the blame on Peter, honestly. The minister is so adamant that Voldemort is gone, that he will try to pin the blame on anyone but him," Harry answered.

"Is the only reason you freed me so that I can help you with your plans to do whatever?" Sirius asks.

"No. You are my godfather, my family. I will do anything I can to protect the ones I can. I already got you killed once, I am not going to let it happen again. Nor will I get anyone else I care about killed," Harry states firmly, rather upset that Sirius would think that.

Sirius nodded, knowing he was wrong to think that. Harry was hurt by the question.

"Did you honestly think that I only freed you to be able to use you in my plans?" Harry asked, the hurt clearly etched in his tone and face.

"Your answer to my first question made me think that," Sirius replied.

"That was just the excuse I used to convince Tom to agree to it. I wanted to free you because you had died not free last time. I wanted you free so you can go into public without fear of being killed. I wanted you free so I am able to go out with you as Sirius, not as Padfoot. Did you not want to be freed?" Harry replies.

"Of course I did," Sirius states loudly.

"Then I don't see why it matters. I also don't see how you can even think that I would free you because of your usefulness. I didn't have to tell you anything about my past, Sirius. I didn't even have to tell you I joined Voldemort. So don't think for a second that the only reason I got you freed was to be able to use you. I chose to free you, just like I chose to tell you all of those other things. Don't you dare think I did it for any alternative reason," Harry scolded him angrily. 

Harry left the room after Sirius had no response to what Harry said, taking the angry shadows and dense air with him.

Harry walked to the front door, "Kreacher!" he called.

"You called, young/old Master?" Kreacher asks.

"If Sirius and Remus ask, I'll be back tomorrow. I don't know when," Harry said and walked out the door and apparated away.

___

Harry arrived at Riddle Manor he walked into Tom's office, clearly pissed. Tom looked up at the sudden entrance.

"I'll be going out tonight. I will also be returning to here, once I finish," Harry stated, making Tom concerned and slightly annoyed that Harry was demanding something of him, but the concern overweighed the annoyance.