Chapter 23

Harry apparated to Riddle Manor feeling forlorn. He pushed away his hopelessness and focused on the anger he felt towards the muggles. He walked up to Tom's office, only to find it empty. Harry focused on their link and found him, in the training room.

Harry used the shadows to travel himself inside the room, past the wards Tom had set up. 

When he reappeared in the training room, he saw that Tom was actually working on repairing the room.

"Sorry about the room," Harry said, making his presents known to Tom, who was so engrossed in what he was doing that he didn't sense Harry appear.

Tom jumped around, shooting a wordless Crucio at Harry, who just moved out of it's way. The Tom realized who it was, "Harry, when did you get here? How did you get in here?" he asked.

"A few mintues ago, and using the shadows," Harry said, rolling his eyes.

"Right, forgot you could do that. Anyway, how long are you going to be staying? Not that I mind you being here, of course," Tom asked, taking in Harry's appearence carefully.

"For now, until Monday. If that changes, I'll let you know. So how long have you been working on this?" Harry asked, motioning to the entire room.

"A few hours now, actually. You sure did a number. The normal 'Reparo' spell barely touched it," Tom said, looking around the room with a sigh.

"Sorry. Though, it could have been way worse, I could have just let the entire manor be affected by my magical outburst, instead of drawing it in when I noticed what was going on," Harry tried to soothe it over.

"I know, Harry. I'm not cross with you, rather impressed at the damage, honestly," Tom said. Tom ganced at Harry again, "Are you okay?" he asked, as an expression Harry wasn't too familiar with crossed his face.

"I summoned my children today, but I'm not really sure how to feel about it. It didn't go bad or anything, it went really well. I just don't know how to feel about it," Harry answered, as he slumped his shoulders.

Tom nodded, "I'm here if you need me, Harry. I view you as a younger brother, so please don't be afraid to come talk to me, even if you are technically older than me."

"Thanks, Tom. I'm glad you think so highly of me. I think highly of you as well," Harry said, smiling a little to Tom, though his smile didn't reach his eyes. 

Tom noticed this and released a small sigh, "Why don't you go see Barty for bit, I'm sure he's in his room right now, waiting for you. The LeStranges are with him, they've been reconnecting."

Harry nodded, then shadowed out of the room and into Barty's.

Barty, Rod, Rab, and Bella have been reading in Barty's room. Since Barty has refused to leave the room until Harry tells him he's alright, though he just said until Harry arrives. They had talked for a while, but broke off into reading books and newspapers, since three of the four have been rather behind on current news.

Barty's head snapped up at the movement of shadows in the corner of the room. His sudden movement had gained the attention of all of the others with him. The others looked at the shadows in confusion.

"Harry, that you?" Barty asked.

The shadows stopped moving and fell, revealing Harry, answering Barty's question. Barty observed Harry for a few seconds, he quickly noticed he was not able to read him. 

"You summoned them, didn't you," He asked quietly.

Harry nodded.

"Rod, Rab, Bella, can you guys please leave?" Barty said, getting up and opening the door for them.

The three shared a look between themselves, then made their way out of the room. Bella was the last to leave the room, looking at Harry with a sad smile. She closed the door after her, letting the two talk in privacy.

Harry cast a silencing charm with the wave of his hand. 

Barty went over to Harry and pulled him into a hug, he has learned that Harry is a very physical person when it comes to something like this. 

Harry didn't say a word. He just stood there in the warmth Barty provided, as tears welled in his eyes and fell. 

Barty felt his shirt start to get wet. He just squeezed Harry a little tighter. 

It was only when Harry moved to pull away that Barty let go. The two of them sat on the floor, Barty following Harry's lead.  After a few minutes of silence, Barty spoke up.

"How did it go?" he asked, his eyes looked at Harry softly, his head was tilted slightly.

"It went well, good even," Harry said, then it was like a dam broke, "They told me that they don't blame me, hell they are hoping that I manage to destroy all of the muggles. I've gotten the verbal reassurance that they don't hate me for failing them. I have their approval to continue what I am doing, even got ecourgement. They told me how much fun they are having there. My parents and grandparents are teaching them magic, they are hanging out with their friends and lovers who have also passed. So why does this hurt so much?"

Barty pulled Harry into his side, as tears started to stream from Harry's eyes, though Barty's eyes were a bit wet too, "It's alot of things, honestly. But the big thing is that they aren't here with you."

Harry winced with a small whimpered at what he heard. He knew this but didn't want to admit it. He hated hearing it aloud, it physically hurt him to hear it out loud. The two sat in silence for a long time. Not caring about what was going on outside, but lost in their thoughts. Well, one was, the other wasn't caring about anything but comforting the man stuck in a child's body.

A knock on the door disturbed the silent atmosphere. Barty looked at the door, then at Harry. Harry moved so that Barty can get up to get the door, "It's Tom."

When Barty heard this he jumped up to get the door, after wincing at Harry's monotonous voice.

Tom walked inside and shut the door after him, "How's he doing?" he asked, looking at Barty.

Barty sighed, looking at Harry, who was lost enough in his thoughts again that he didn't hear them.

"Honestly, I'd be surprised if he leaves the room before tomorrow. If he does it'd probably to go torture someone," Barty eventually answered. He hated seeing Harry like this, but was a bit proud that Harry let him.

"Harry?" Tom called out.

Harry jumped a little, at the sudden sound. However, he stood up and looked at Tom.

"I'm planning to summon Severus in a few hours, would you like to be there?" Tom asked, taking in Harry's tear-streaked face, and red, puffy eyes.

"Yes. We can use this as a test. I'll be there in a glamour of someone else. You can introduce me as an apprentice, to him and him only. We'll see what I get told when I go back. Though, if he doesn't share, we show him who I really am, and the truth of my actual position," Harry offered, using this as a distraction.

Tom nodded, "See you at 5:30, Harry. And, go out to torture a muggle or something, you can even take Bella with you," he said.

The grin that appeared on Harry's face made the two of them shiver, actually feeling guilty for whatever muggle he came across. Tom made a quick escape, once again relieved that Harry was no longer working against him.

Harry looked at Barty, "Do you want to join the two of us?" his grin gone.

"No way. Not when the reasons for this hunt are what they are, and with BELLA! Have fun," Barty said, shaking his head with a tight smile on his face his eyes darting around a bit nervously.

Harry nodded, then ran out to find Bella.