Meeting with Sirius

A quick apparation later and they were in Tom's office, sitting in armchairs by the fire.

"Did you come only to go hunting?" Tom asked after he poured himself and Harry a glass of red wine.

Harry shook his head and leaned back on his armchair.

"I think we need to plan a few things. Especially regarding Sirius," Harry spoke.

"What about Black?" Tom remarked.

"One of your Horcruxes is in Grimmauld Place. The best way to get it is through Sirius. Though we would have to tell him the truth. At least about me siding with you," Harry replied.

"We?" Tom couldn't help but sound slightly shocked and confused. He remembered Black. It was far more likely that he would start to curse him as soon as he saw him instead of listening to him.

"Yes, we. We are partners. These kinds of decisions... we make them together. If you don't feel comfortable with telling Sirius that you are back, then we won't," Harry replied. A part of Harry was hoping that Tom would say he didn't want Sirius to know.

"What do we do if he doesn't accept this?" Tom asks.

"You know there are thousands of ways to make sure that he doesn't talk," Harry replied.

Tom took another sip from his glass of wine and sighed. He wanted to say no, he truly did. Though he knew what Black meant to Harry. He had already taken so much from him, he didn't want to take any more. And, Harry was right. There were many ways to make sure that Black didn't talk.

"When do you want to tell him?" he asked his equal and saw Harry close his eyes and take a deep breath. He almost smiled, for someone as powerful as Harry, he sure was insecure about the most ordinary things.

"I'll be meeting with him next Hogsmead weekend, I'll bring him here then. Is that alright?"

"Yes. You'll have to come by tomorrow so that I can tie you into the wards and give you control over them. Are you that nervous about it?" he asked Harry.

"I don't know," Harry said, sounding somewhat broken, "It's neem such a long time since I saw him. I never really dealt with his death. I don't know how I'll react. A part of me is afraid that I won't care one way or another," Harry admitted, "I don't want to lose my humanity."

"Harry..." Tom took a deep breath, "You aren't human. You may have been born human but now... You are Death's son."

"I know," Harry sounded somewhat broken, "I just... I am afraid that I will lose myself in that, do you know what I mean?"

Tom nodded. He knew exactly what he meant. From what Harry had told him... he had lost himself to Voldemort. He had created Voldemort for a reason, though he never wanted to be only that, to be a mess of anger and hate and little else.

"I do, Harry," Tom started, "I don't know if it will happen or not... though I can promise to do my best to bring you back if you do lose yourself." It was the lease he could do since Harry brought him back as well.

Harry saw the sincerity in his eyes and smiled. Siding with Tom was fast becoming one of the best decisions he had ever made.
_____________

Harry couldn't quite contain the groan of dismay when he woke up on the morning of the Hogsmead weekend. He was really dreading his upcoming encounter with Sirius. He wasn't ashamed to admit that he was rather scared. He didn't want to face his godfather alone. Why had he told Hermione not to go with him? Oh, right, because he was going to tell Sirius that he had joined Voldemort. Who's bright idea had that been? And more importantly, in his opinion, why the bloody hell hadn't Tom talked him out of it? He was supposed to be sane now.