Euphoric State

I REALLY haven't been in a book writing mood recently that's why I've been doing oneshots. I'll get back to it but I just need some time. Hope you guys understand it's just easier for me to do these right now😁

TRIGGER WARNING: Discusses and highlights various forms of mental illness, viewer discretion is advised. If you guys ever need to talk, I'm here and you are not alone. On another note, if you decide you like this first part, it might have more than three, not sure yet. This oneshot will not be depressing, I promise!

Onika's POV

"Nicki! I heard we're getting a new roommate today!" I looked up from my book as the ball of sunshine, more commonly known as Beyoncé, ran into the room with a smile

"You better stop running before one of the orderlies catches you and gives you a tally." I warned her before going back to my book.

"Woooow. So you don't even care that the bed in the corner is finally getting filled?" She plopped down at the foot of my bed and stared at me expectantly.

"Not exactly. You remember the last bitch that came in? Screaming and shit for no reason, pissing me the fuck off, broke the damn door so now we can't even have doors anymore." She snatched my book out of my hands and tossed it to the side. She's lucky I remember what page I'm on.

"She was bipolar with IED, Onika. That wasn't her fault." I rolled my eyes. I wasn't trying to shit on the girl's mental state, if anything I was hoping the best for her, as long as she kept that shit away from my room.

"Whatever Skinny Legend," I murmured and yanked the fleece duvet up to around my neck and closed my eyes. Maybe she'd leave me alone if I took a nap.

"That was a low blow bitch." She finally got off of my bed, now in her feelings. I took that as an opportunity to stretch out my legs.

"I meant it as a compliment, you took it as a low blow big baby."

"How was that a- forget it. I'm not arguing with you. We need to look like a happy couple for when our new roomie gets here." I rolled over onto my other side and watched her do some sit-ups which was against her treatment rules but I'm no snitch.

"Since you know everything, when's the new roomie getting here?" I threw off the blankets and stretched.

"Within the hour," She responded matter-of-factly.

"You got any of your breakfast left? Since we both know you didn't eat it." She sighed and reached into her pocket. She pulled out the other half of a banana and chocolate chip muffin wrapped in cellophane and went to hand it over.