Ambitionz Az a Ridah (Rihnika) Part 1

For those of you who don't know, I put out a new story called Twilight Boulevard. (Isolation got me putting out stuff) Check it out please
🥺
👉🏾👈🏾
👟🧦

Part 2 of this oneshot will be posted within the next couple days. I didn't want 2 parts but I felt like it was getting too long, so here we are!
On with the oneshot!!!!!(The longest one I've ever done)

San Bernardino, California
Summer 1996

Onika's POV

"Nicki, we should go do something fun

"Nicki, we should go do something fun. You get all dolled up just to sit in your room. I wanna go do something," Jhené whined and flopped down onto my bed while I continued to fix my hair at the vanity.

"What are we gonna do Né? You know how Nas is. I don't even know how I convinced him to let you come over after what happened the last time." She narrowed her eyes at me playfully in the mirror.

"I don't even understand what the big problem was with that. I'm the one who sprained their ankle when I fell out of the tree. I always do everything first to prove to you that it's not that bad. That was just a lapse in judgement, I thought your room was closer to the ground," she shrugged.

"Look, if you really wanna go have fun, go ahead. Who am I to stop you? But you and I both know Nas ain't letting me out of this house!" I argued.

"Nicki. We just graduated. We're legal! You're the one not letting yourself out of the house and it's not like we're really going anywhere, we're going to the backyard," Jhené said in an attempt to coax me into it.

"Bandana or no bandana?" I showed her my hair with it on versus off.

"Bandana, definitely. And stop trying to change the subject," she said with a scowl.

"I already told you. If you wanna go, then go. But I'm not about to have Nas lay into my ass for no reason. You know how that fat ass vein in the middle of his forehead get to throbbing." I turned around and looked at her seriously.

"You hear that, Nicki? That's the sound of spiritual freedom, and it could all be yours." She cupped her ear as if she was listening for a small noise. All that could be heard were people outside laughing and shouting and the bass of the current gangsta rap song that was playing. The bass had been shaking the house since the sun first began to set and it all began sounding the same to me.

"I hear you trying to get my ass in trouble. No Né, I'm not riskin' it. You can just go without me," I shook my head.

It was no secret that I wanted to go. I'd always heard that Nasir's beginning of the summer block parties were legendary while I was at school. That was the only place he allowed me to go without him or a designated chaperone of the Mob Pirus.

"I know that silence. That's the silence of your chakra aligning and they're about to give into my idea. Go ahead and agree with me, you know you want to. I don't see the point in denying yourself your destiny." I groaned, knowing she was right. I don't even understand why I allow myself to get into this vicious loop with someone as convincing as Jhené.