I: Piolet Chapter

On the first day of September, seventeen-year-old Draco Malfoy stood on Platform Nine and Three-Quarters with his two best friends Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott.

"Have a good term, you three, " Ms Zabini told them, giving Blaise a kiss on the cheek while be blushed. He was a pure-blood, but he never belittled Muggle-borns like so many others did. Blaise ran a hand through his dark brown hair and rolled his matching coloured eyes.

Theodore, who was a Muggle-born, was always fascinated by magic, though he knew that he was a wizard since he was eleven. His bright blue eyes were gleaming with apparent mischief, making Draco grin.

Draco Malfoy, with his pale hair and wonderful grey eyes, was a half-blood. His father was a pure-blood and his mother a Muggle-born. But he had no memory of his parents, for they had been murdered by Lord Voldemort when he was just one. He alone survived that night and Voldemort had been defeated, making him a saviour in the eyes of the wizarding world.

Draco lived with his godfather, Sirius Black, who was a wizard and bent easily, giving the young Malfoy anything he wanted.

Draco had met his two best friends on their way to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for their first year. Ever since then, they were inseparable. They got into mischief, just like Draco's father and his friends had done.

He looked just like his father, with his pale hair and tall build. He had his mother's wonderfully unique eyes; they were grey but with blue around his pupil, fanning out amazingly beautiful into the grey.

Draco Malfoy took pride in being the Boy Who Lived, for everywhere that he went, wizards and witches would now and then shake his hand, thanking him quietly, their hungry eyes always raking their way to his forehead as they tried to find his lightning bolt-shaped scar. But he didn't like the scar much and kept his bangs covering it.

"Oi, Zabini!" a disgustingly familiar voice said loudly. "Getting a kiss from Mummy, aren't you?"

The source of the comment was none other than Harry Potter. He was easily the second smartest person in their grade next to Blaise, who was the first, though Harry hardly would show off. His two best friends, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger, both pure-bloods, cackled at Harry's comment while Blaise clenched his fists in anger.

Draco scowled and heard Ms Zabini say, "It's your last year. Then you won't have to deal with them anymore."

Theodore scoffed, "I don't think that's true."

"Not for one second, " Draco added.

"Oh, do shut up, " said Blaise. "It's our last year. Let's have fun."

Ms Zabini nodded and gave each of them a kiss on the cheek. The Hogwarts Express gave a mournful wail and she said to them as a final reminder, "Be good! Don't get into trouble!"

The three found an empty compartment, setting their trunks down and collapsing onto the seats.

"Think that we'll get some girls?" Theodore asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Theo, " Blaise groaned. "Girls are not the only reason we play Quidditch."

"But---"

"No, " Blaise interjected. He was the Keeper for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Theo was a Chaser. And, with all of the glory that Draco lived for, he was the Seeker and the youngest one of the century at that. He had been asked to play in his first year, receiving a broom from Albus Dumbledore. Their team had won the Quidditch cup every year Draco had played so far.

There was no denying that he was the best Seeker Gryffindor had had in years. He always had competition, though. Harry Potter, the Slytherin Seeker, was also very good, narrowly winning on multiple occasions, which made his hatred for Draco grow deeper.

Harry's parents were Death Eaters. James Potter was graced from Azkaban and, as a wealthy man with connections, had always gotten his way. His mother, Lily Potter, loathed the Malfoy name because Draco had killed Voldemort. They had been his closest supporters and were still mad at the fact a mere one-year-old could vanquish the Dark Lord.

"Well, at least Draco could get any girl he wanted, " Theo frowned. "They're all clamouring on him."

Draco blushed. "Yes, but they're all annoying."

Blaise grinned. "They are, aren't they?"

Theo shook his head. "I dunno. Do you know that Ravenclaw girl? Your cousin?"

"Luna Lovegood? She's bonkers." Draco gaped.

Theo blushed profusely. "She's a bit cute, " he muttered as Blaise laughed. "Oh, shut it."

"How cute, " a slow voice said from the compartment door. "Little Nott has a girlfriend."

The three friends scowled at the compartment door where Harry Potter and his unbearable friends stood, all with smirks on their faces. Harry pushed his glasses up his nose a bit as he added, "He actually thinks Loony Lovegood is cute. Loony Lovegood's about as sane as you, Nott."

Theo clenched his fists, jumping up as he said in a low voice, "Clear off, Potter. You're not wanted here. Or anywhere else, for that matter."

Potter's smirk was quickly replaced with a scowl as Theo came toward him. "Come off it, you dirty Mudblood. You're not going to get anywhere with her. She's absolutely mad. Scrubby, if I dare say."

"Just get out of here, Potter, " Draco sighed. He had no energy to deal with the devil.

Theo looked down at Harry, who was at least three inches shorter than him. "Yeah, clear off."

Harry clenched his jaw. "You wouldn't be saying that if you weren't famous Draco Malfoy's friend, Nott."

Theo didn't blink or move as he growled, "I'm gonna count to three, Potter."

"You think he's scared of you?" Hermione Granger scoffed unpleasantly. "A dirty little Mudblood with absolutely no talent what so ever?"

Theo countered, "At least I'm not a little pure-blood that thinks I'm pretty."

Draco went over to the compartment door, his wand in his hand as he told them, "You'd better go if you know what's good for you."

"Wouldn't want you coming anywhere near me, Malfoy, " Potter glared.

Draco scowled. "I don't want your filth in here. Clear off."

And with that, they left, leaving Theodore and Draco drained of what seemed like all of their energy.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!