XXXIV: Drawings

Never did Draco hear Harry walking around. The smaller boy had an eerie quality to him, his silent steps unnerving Draco in a way that made him shiver. It was truly terrifying, that way Harry could sneak up on somebody and frighten the living daylights out of you by just saying hello, but it was the way he said it that would scare you, his voice unusually low and drawn out.

He saw his head poking into the kitchen behind Blaise and Theo, who were sitting across from him, telling jokes and making all three of them laugh. Raising his eyebrows, he said, "Hey, Harry. What's up?"

Blaise and Theo turned, facing the smaller boy as Harry cleared his throat, his cheeks pink. Draco saw that he held a large, thick book and a little leather pouch close to his chest and watched as he scratched the back of his hand, the sccchr sccchr sound driving him crazy. He hated when Harry did this, making the sun-tanned skin on his hand turn red and rough.

"What's up?" he repeated, eyeing Harry's hand, which had already turned red.

Harry cleared his throat again, looking down at the book, nervously biting the inside of his cheek, distorting his face. "Well, " he said, "this is mine and I thought that I might---might show it to you. If---if you want to."

"Sure, why not?" Draco asked with a laugh. "Is it another book?"

"Er, sorta, " Harry muttered, quickly sitting next to the blonde. It was then that Draco realized how short Harry was, as he looked up and glanced at his friends.

Draco looked at Theo and Blaise, telling them, "Harry reads like he can never get enough. Hell, he reads all about magical creatures."

"Really?" Blaise asked, nodding to himself. Harry looked down at his lap, where the book lay. "Do you like Care of Magical Creatures, then?"

"Yeah, " Harry said quietly, scratching the back of his neck. "It's interesting."

"What about your friends?" Theo asked.

Harry shrugged. "I dunno. I'm not close to them or anything."

Theo narrowed his blue eyes, asking, "How come?"

Harry shrugged again and turned his face to Draco, saying quietly, "You can't laugh when I show you."

"Okay, " Draco replied, furrowing his eyebrows a bit.

"And you can't say anything."

Theo asked in a whisper, "It's not . . .porn is it?"

Harry tried to ignore him, but his cheeks flared. Draco shot him a look and told Harry, "I won't laugh or say anything bad about whatever it is, okay?"

Harry put the book on the table in front of him, opening it and Draco gave him an odd look.

He turned the first page and saw an illustrated image of a Niffler, it's nose up in the air and a small date in the corner written in Harry's messy scrawl. September thirteenth. He exclaimed, "Woah!" and pushed the book in front of Theo and Blaise, who both let out their own exclaims.

"Wicked!" Theo breathed.

"Amazing!" Blaise muttered in awe.

"Harry, " Draco said as he flipped through the pages, admiring each pencil sketch and every inked creation that was in there. "These are amazing!"

Harry said nothing.

"That's insane!" Theo said. "How do you get them to look so---so real?"

Harry shrugged and scratched the back of his hand. He wasn't used to praise like this. He had grown up thinking that his talent was worthless, but he was gifted. His father doesn't approve of the drawing, but Harry kept it hidden from him, fearing that if he found it, he would trash it as he did to his other ones.

Draco continued to flip through the pages, stopping at an eye looked a lot like his own; grey irises with lighter spots and light blue around the pupil, fanning out into the grey, blending perfectly. It made his smile grow wider when he saw the date, which was scrawled just a few days after Draco had first hugged Harry.

Harry looked over and snatched the book, his eyebrows furrowed and his jaw clenched tight. "Sorry, " he said quietly. "There's just . . .stuff I don't want you to see."

"Like porn, " Theo whispered.

Harry's head whipped up and said, in a way that reminded Draco of a toddler version of Teddy, "It is not!"

"Theo, " Draco warned. Harry breathed out, trying to keep his anger in check. He stood, grabbing a glass and filling it almost to the brim with gin. He drank it in silence, his hands steady.

"Harry, " Draco said as he walked over to him. "Maybe you should sit down, huh?"

"You're not the boss of me, Malfoy."

Draco sighed and watched as Harry did sit back down at the table, glaring at a scorch mark on the surface. He swirled the cup when it was a little bit less than half empty, pursing his lips like his aunt Petunia usually did when she was irritated.

When he put it to his lips, he saw Draco looking at him and asked, "What?"

"Just . . .admiring you?"

Harry scoffed and put his glass down when it was empty and made his way upstairs to put the book and pens away, hardly wanting Draco to view the last image he had drawn in the company of others, especially Zabini and Nott.

וווווווווווווו×

That night, as Draco and Harry were sitting on his bed, Harry had his head in the blonde's lap, holding his book in front of his face while Draco was doing some homework. Draco crept his hand over from his parchment to Harry's messy hair, startling Harry and making him sit up.

"It was just me, Harry."

Harry took a deep breath to calm his racing heart and put his head back down as Draco put his hands in the smaller boy's hair, smiling as Harry sighed.

After a while, Harry sat up, with Draco's hands still in his inky black hair. Harry leaned close his skin hot and his breath quick. He kissed Draco, his mouth slightly open and his own hands on Draco's firm chest.

Draco manoeuvred Harry so that he was on his lap, a wonderful feeling coursing through his blood. Harry groaned softly and Draco took the chance to slide his hot tongue between Harry's lips, loving the way Harry made a soft hmm sound as Draco's tongue ran along his cheek and molars.

Draco pulled away, leaving Harry to breathe on his own. Harry pressed again against Draco's chest, lips crashing together and their chests rubbing together until Draco pulled away again.

"Harry, " he said quietly as the smaller boy worked to regain the air that he lost in his lungs. "What did you not want me to see earlier?"

Harry gulped, "I drew . . .a person."

"Who?"

Harry blushed and went and grabbed the book, turning to the latest inked page and handed it to Draco, who gawked at it.

It was himself, in complete likeness, every bit looking as if it were a photograph and not a drawing.

"When did you draw this?" Draco asked, looking at the blushing and embarrassed boy who was scratching his hand.

"You came into my dorm when I asked you to follow."

"And you remembered how I looked?"

Harry nodded and Draco stood up, looking at himself in his mirror and took off his shirt as Harry asked him, "What are you doing?"

"Seeing how accurate your memory is."

Draco looked at the artwork and at himself, turning to Harry, telling him, "Stop scratching your hand, "

Harry grinned shyly as Draco got back under the covers, his shirt still on his desk chair with Harry pressed against him.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!