XXXVII: A Together Present

Harry wasn't hungry, but he did drink. Draco frowned at the strong smell of bourbon and turned his nose upwards. "I don't know why you drink like it's a religion."

"I dunno why you have to harp on me all the time, " Harry grumbled, filling his second glass. The relatives were starting to peter out and it was starting to get quieter. He was glad for that and his throat itched from the bourbon.

Draco nodded and filled a glass with water, frowning at Harry's distaste. "You're a hostile little guy."

"I'm only just below average height, Draco, " Harry grumbled.

"And I'm only just above average height, Harry, "

Harry glared at him and Draco chuckled. With his unoccupied hand, he brushed a lock of black, messy, sort of curly-ish hair, tucking it behind Harry's pierced ear, making the boy blush a wonderfully delightful shade of crimson.

Draco leaned down close, his lips brushing against Harry's temple as he said, "You were amazing, back there with Tonks."

"Bitch pissed me off, " Harry muttered.

"I hate her too, " Draco said with a wink, making Harry choke on his bourbon. His entire face went red with lack of oxygen and he spat into the sink, yanking at his sweater's neckline as Draco touched his back rubbing it softly, massaging his spine and looking around the deserted kitchen before doing what he did next;

He leaned down farther, kissing Harry's neck, his teeth working wonders on the smaller boy, making him cover his mouth and caused him to shift and lean against the counter, his bourbon long forgotten.

Harry leaned against the counter, loving the feeling of Draco's hand slipping under the hem of his sweater, his fingers sliding across Harry's smooth back, his hand cool against his covered skin.

Draco bit down a bit too hard on the base of the smaller boy's neck, causing him to yelp. Draco glanced at the door and after a moment, Harry whispered, "Keep going. Please?"

Draco looked down at Harry for a long time, realising that his hand was on Harry's skin, and he moved it to the dark-haired boy's waist, the skin feeling deliciously smooth and supple, practically drooling about the way Harry's eyelids seemed to be made of lead and how his tongue rested on the bottom of his mouth.

Draco gripped Harry's waist and ravaged his lips, making the smaller boy hop up and down, his tongue clashing wildly with Draco's teeth, possibly causing damage. Draco pulled away, Harry's breath coming in short, little bursts that seemed more sparatic than measured, making his chest heave and toss as if he were unable to get air.

"You . . .you're---"

"So are you, " Draco said quickly. "And I've been meaning to tell you, Harry, that---"

"Hold that thought, " Harry said quietly. "I still need to give you your present."

Draco followed him upstairs into his room, closing the door behind him and watching as Harry dug through his suitcase, which was still fully packed. Harry pulled a rectangular box out of it, sleek and simple. Harry went over to the blonde, opening it and revealing two, simple silver rings with matching chains. There was a price tag, but Harry snatched it away before Draco could fully study it, but he saw at least four digits.

"I thought that you might like them, so, while we were out, I saw them through a window, went back and bought them. And I bought the chains just in case we didn't want to wear them on our hands, but whatever. It's all fine. It can be an us thing."

Draco slipped one onto a chain, asking Harry, "Us. We. Our, " Draco listed. His smile was wide. "I like hearing you say that."

Harry blushed as Draco put the first of the rings around his neck. Draco did the same for himself, leaning down and holding tightly onto both of Harry's hands, making him raise his eyebrows.

"Harry, " he began, "I know that we hadn't been . . .together for a long time, but I need to tell you this right now before I chicken out."

"Oh, Merlin, " Harry murmured. "You're telling me to go back to the Manor."

"What, no---"

"And you're going to end it with me and then I won't be able to---"

"Harry, " Draco chuckled. "I'm not ending it with you, "

"You're not?" Harry asked.

Draco shook his head and smiled. "No, Harry. But I . . .I never really had a real relationship with anyone before. All I ever did was, and I'm not proud of it, but I moved around."

"I know, " Harry whispered, his emerald eyes wide. "News travels fast. Especially when you're the one spreading it."

Draco ignored the last part, knowing full well what Harry did last year. He continued, "This is probably the only thing that I've felt good about. And I feel really good about this."

He gripped Harry's hand, smiling so wide that his face hurt, and kind of scaring Harry.

"And I . . .I love you, Harry. Harry Potter. Harry James Potter."

"You what?"

"I love you, " Draco said, sure of himself this time. "I love you, " he repeated quietly.

Harry felt a laugh bubble in his chest and it escaped through his mouth as a hysterical sound, making his face hurt. Draco looked confused before Harry pulled his hands back, taking his glasses off and wiping his eyes.

"Nobody ever said that to me, " Harry suddenly sobbed, his body heaving. Draco wrapped him in a mixture of arms, cloth, and cologne, only making Harry sob harder.

"Hey, hey, " Draco said quietly. "You're alright, okay? Okay, Harry?"

Harry nodded into his shoulder, his quick sobs residing to hiccups. He felt embarrassed, crying like this and feeling so happy at the same time. Continuing to hiccup, Harry heard Draco whispering and smoothing his hair.

"It's okay, love, " he soothed. "You're alright now. You're alright here, you understand? Nod or---or hiccup or even punch me, I just want to know you're okay."

Harry took a deep, shaky breath, wiping his face on his sleeve and pushing into Draco's lips, wanting him more and more and more.

Draco loved him and Harry said against Draco's mouth, his breathing hitched, "Draco, I---I love you. I l---love you too. I love y---you. Draco . . ."

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!