IV: The Second Floor Girl's Bathroom

Draco had to patrol the corridors, a necessary job as being Head Boy of Gryffindor. He glanced at his watch, which read eleven fifty-three and he sighed. It wasn't fun to patrol the corridors all by himself and he was bored out of his mind.

As he was walking past the girl's washroom on the second floor, he heard a male voice saying, ". . .and it isn't even my fault."

There was no reply, but the voice continued. "Merlin, I must be losing my mind. I'm talking to myself."

Draco opened the door just a bit and saw Harry Potter standing with his hands on the basin of one of the rusted and broken sinks, looking at his reflection in a cracked mirror and frowning deeply.

Suddenly, the boy with dark hair dipped his head and brought his hands to his face, his shoulders shaking. Draco almost walked in when Harry sunk against the wall, sobbing heavily.

Unable to watch anymore, Draco rushed in and asked, "Hey, are you okay?"

Harry stood quickly, wiping at his face in a hurry. "What the hell is wrong with you, Malfoy?"

Draco stuttered, "W--what? I was just trying to help!"

Harry turned around, angrily crossing arms. "I don't want or need your help."

Draco grumbled, "Fine, " and turned to leave, but felt a hand grab his arm roughly. "What?"

Harry looked down at the ground, muttering, "Why are you even out here this late? Shouldn't you be asleep?"

Draco smiled. "I'm Head Boy. I have to patrol at night."

Harry thought for a moment before saying, "How do you sleep?"

"I have until midnight."

Harry wiped at his face again and sat on top of one of the sinks. He wasn't sure what to do. He had never had a real conversation with anyone aside from Ron and Hermione.

"Why are you in here, anyway?" Draco asked.

Harry scowled unpleasantly. "Wouldn't you like to know."

Draco walked out of the bathroom, calling to Harry, "You'd better get to your dorm. I can smell Filch from here."

וווווווווווווו×

That Thursday night, Draco didn't hear anybody in the girl's bathroom, so he opened the door, feeling disappointed when he saw nobody there. He shook his head.

Why was he disappointed? Potter had refused his help twice now. Why would he want---

"You're spying on me now?" a voice sneered from behind him.

"I was just making sure you weren't roaming the school, " Draco said as he turned around, looking down at Potter, whose arms were crossed and whose face was set in a scowl. "Why?"

Potter scoffed and walked into the bathroom and he couldn't help but wonder, Why is saint Malfoy even here?

From under his robes, Harry pulled a flask out, not daring to glance over his shoulder because he knew that Malfoy had followed him.

"What's in there?" he asked.

"None of your business, that's what, " Harry told him as he tipped the silver flask back and drank some of its contents. Draco made a move to grab it and Harry turned around so that his back was facing the blonde. "Rules are supposed to be broken, genius."

"But, but, " Draco sputtered, "we aren't allowed to drink on school grounds! You're breaking a rule!"

"That's why I'm doing it in the out of order bathroom, " Harry countered. "Alone, "