XL: A Cold Shower

The next morning, Harry still felt dead inside, somehow worse. When he sat up, his eyes caught a slip of parchment that he grabbed and read it through his sleepy eyes.

Harry,
You were already asleep when I came in and I didn't want to wake you up. Good morning. Try and eat something at breakfast. You have amazing eyes. I love you, baby.

Harry put the note in the back of his book that he kept every other note in. He dressed, hearing the first bell ring just as he slipped his green and silver tie around his neck. As quickly as he could, Harry grabbed his stuff and ran down to his Advanced Potions Making class, swearing when the second bell rang.

Slowing to a walk, he thought, his mind sometimes running away from him. What will his father do? If he went to the Manor to retrieve his stuff when he moved out, what will he do? How could he face his own father and tell him that he loved a man, and not just anybody, the person who vanquished the Dark Lord when he was a baby?

Harry finished tying his tie just as he approached the door to Potions, knocking quickly. The professor answered the door and her scowl vanished as she saw it was Harry. She knew what had happened between him and Snape and didn't want to hurt him farther.

"Hello, Mister Potter, " she said and Harry noticed the class had turned around in their seats. "Glad for you to have finally joined us."

"Sure, " Harry muttered, pushing past her and sitting next to Draco.

"Good morning, " Draco whispered out of the corner of his mouth when the professor began telling them what they were doing. "Your tie is terrible."

Harry looked down and messed with his tie, swearing when he couldn't undo it. "I'll fix it later."

"You're peppy this morning, " Draco whispered with a sly grin.

"I read your note, " Harry grinned, but it fell when Ron looked over at him. He looked pointedly at the blackboard, his fingers tapping an uneven beat on his knee, only stopping when Draco touched his hand, but Harry shook his head minutely but softly, glancing over at Ron.

Draco, feeling hurt, pulled his arm away as he told Harry, "I'm not out publicly either. And I can't wait to be. I'm just going to wait for you, though."

Harry swallowed and nodded, scratching the back of his hand. His hand was burning as he sneezed and coughed, earning a quiet bless you from Draco.

They got started on making their potion for the day, Draco messing up the entire time, testing Harry's patience. After the tenth screw up, Harry shouted at him, "You have got to be the most worthless partner ever!"

Draco glared at him.

"You've been screwing up the entire period! If you're this bad at Potions, why are you in the advanced class?!"

The class was silent, especially Theo and Blaise. Would their friend let his boyfriend speak to him like that or would he snap?

"Oh, fuck off, Potter, " Draco hissed, losing his patience himself. "Go cry to your daddy."

He was angry at Harry, but he knew he shouldn't have snapped. Draco shook it off, thinking vicious thoughts. That is until Harry touched his hand as if he were moving it away from the cauldron, whispering, "Sorry."

Draco shook his head, the thoughts leaving his being. "It's okay, "

Harry shook his head as well, but didn't say anything more, remaining quiet for the rest of the class.

וווווווווווווו×

It wasn't until late the next night that Harry apologized again, only to have Draco say the same thing, "It's okay."

Frustrated, Harry's hands flew to his hair, saying, "But it isn't, Draco."

"Really, " Draco sighed. "I don't mind."

Harry was about to throw a retort at his blonde partner, but Draco kissed him, pressing his small frame against the wall, his hands moving in a way they certainly shouldn't have been.

When Harry groaned against his lips, Draco could have lost all of his control if he hadn't grasped at his hands, whispering, pleading, "Draco . . .I---I can't. "

Draco pulled away, his forehead against Harry's. He swallowed, "I wouldn't. Not without you telling me to, Harry."

Harry nodded and Draco's nimble and smooth hands roamed his torso, whispering, "Tell me when, "

Harry let his hands travel to his waist until letting out a breath as he told Draco, "T---That's good."

Draco's hand touched the hem of his shirt, rubbing the material between his thumb and middle finger, a silent invitation. Harry, still pressed in between the wall of his dormitory and Draco, tugged his shirt over his head, resisting the impulse to cross his arms over his chest.

Draco's hands didn't go lower than his waist, though his grey eyes raked hungrily down to where a bit of the V-line showed. Draco's breath was warm against Harry's neck as he set himself on one knee, kneeling before Harry Potter, asking, "Is it okay if I . . ."

Harry merely groaned his response, prompting Draco to slowly press his warm lips against Harry's chilled skin, his tongue and teeth making Harry shiver despite the warm feeling growing in his stomach.

Harry couldn't properly hold himself up, leaning against the wall for support as Draco's mouth moved to another spot, making Harry cover his mouth with both of his hands, what little breath he was expelling from his body coming out in short, high bursts as he felt Draco grin against his midsection.

There was a loud tap on the window, making both boys jump. Harry hurriedly shoved his shirt on, feeling the tag scratch against his neck.

It was an owl with a letter in its talons, but Harry sighed from relief as he looked at the neat cursive. "My mother, " he told Draco, who hadn't seemed to recover from the spell as he turned his head to Harry, the rest of his body facing the wall.

"I better get on. Make sure you sleep."

Harry nodded and watched as Draco sidestepped his way out of the dorm, wondering vaguely if he was alright.

Harry opened the letter, not really reading but skimming. He saw the words proud and lovely young man and I hope you are well, smiling.

Draco went to the Head Boy's bathroom, swearing to himself as he locked the door behind him. He had been stupid to do that, pleasuring himself with Harry without him knowing.

He undressed quickly, turning on the water to the shower, making it as cold as possible to lessen the stiffening apparatus below his jean's button.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote