LXIII: Test Taking Stress

Waking up early on the weekends wasn't Draco's favourite part of the days he had left at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. But Harry had been moving around a lot in his sleep and it was impossible for Draco to act like he could fall back asleep after waking up to Harry's elbow bent at an awkward angle into his chest.

Draco stood, smiling to himself when Harry wrapped himself in the layers of blankets, only his eyes and the top of his head visible.

He took the moment of solitude to write to Sirius, telling him how much he missed him and how he couldn't wait to see him at the Graduation Ceremony in two weeks. He sent the letter with Hedwig, Harry's snowy owl. He gave her a treat before tying the letter to her leg and watched as she flew out of the window.

Just as he shut the window, Harry began to stir, utterly confused as to why he was in a blanket cocoon. "What the---?" He struggled and twisted his body until he saw Draco watching him with a bemused expression. "Why aren't you helping me?"

"Because it's funny."

Harry finally managed to free himself as Draco laughed and laughed. He huffed angrily and made his way over to Draco, grabbing a fistful of the laughing blonde's shirt. "Quit that. You know how stressed I am."

"That's your fault, " Draco pouted as he stuck out his tongue. "You're the one who wanted to take six N.E.W.Ts, not me."

Harry let go of Draco, making his way over to his desk and studying harder than he had for his O.W.Ls as he proceeded to push his glasses up the bridge of his nose, making Draco want to kiss him and straighten them himself.

It was as if Harry had changed; he no longer got into several fights a week, he wasn't as high strung, but he wasn't fun or easy-going by a long shot.

There was a knock on the portrait door and Draco could hear a small, muffled voice behind it say, "Dray! Harry! Are you here?"

Draco opened the portrait door and gave Harry a pointed look before smiling widely. "Teddy!"

"Dray!"

Edward Lupin threw himself onto Draco, wrapping his arms tightly around the blonde's neck. "Hey, Remus."

"Hey, Draco. Harry, " he gave them both a smile and explained while Teddy ran around the room and attached himself to Harry's arm. "Tomorrow night is a full moon and I can't have Teddy around. For three nights."

"Yeah, that's cool, " Harry nodded.

Remus frowned and Draco went farther and said, "It's really no trouble. Harry and I enjoy him. We don't mind, do we?"

"No, " Harry smiled.

Remus swallowed and scratched at the two days of five o'clock shadow and Draco noticed the bags under his eyes and the hollowness of his cheeks. Draco never liked seeing Remus right before and after the full moons and he was sure Sirius hated it as well.

Teddy, of course, didn't know that his father was a werewolf because Remus didn't want him to know. Teddy himself wasn't a werewolf but by how Tonks reacted, Remus was worried that Teddy would no longer want to stay with him.

"Can I talk to you outside real quick?" Remus sighed. Draco stepped outside, nodding slightly to Harry, who was showing Teddy a book with magical creatures and reading it to him aloud.

When the pair of them stepped outside, Draco shut the door behind him as Remus shifted on his feet. Sometimes, the thirty-five-year-old man reminded him of a child. The way he spoke to Teddy, the way he was anxious about the smallest things, or the way he trusted a pair of seventeen-year-olds to keep an eye on his hyperactive son.