XXXIII: Chrsitmas Tree

Yawning and rubbing his eyes, Harry sat up slowly, secretly hoping that Draco would be asleep next to him, but knowing he wasn't. He, unlike Harry, was a morning person.

He heard the crinkle of parchment and shoved in his glasses, reading Draco's neat, but cramped handwriting. Harry, you're wonderful.

And that was all that he had to write to make Harry smile in a stupid and careless way. He dressed in new clothes quickly; a tight, black turtleneck and matching jeans, thinking of all the possible ways his father would turn purple with rage.

Harry had only just opened the door when he heard Teddy yelling something from downstairs. He walked in his silent, frightening way and watched as Draco coaxed the boy, who had his arms crossed and was pouting, to eat a piece of toast.

"I don't want it, " Teddy whined.

"Teddy, eat it or no cookie later." Remus said in an authoritative tone. Teddy, still pouting, shoved the toast in his mouth, chewing in a loud and disgusting way that made Harry cringe.

Draco caught Harry looking and told him, "Good morning, "

"Morning, "

"Mornin'!" Teddy chimed. He smiled widely and Snuffles rushed into the kitchen, jumping on Harry and wanting a pat on the head, which Harry gave grudgingly. "Wanna piece a toast?"

Harry shook his head, turning to Draco. "Have you got any coffee ready?"

Draco already had the cup in his hand, saying, "Theo and Blaise might come over for an hour or so. Just to help with the tree."

"Tree?" Harry repeated.

"The Christmas tree, " Draco clarified.

Harry pursed his lips. "Why do they do it? Why not get a house-elf to?"

Draco blinked and said, "We decorate the tree as a sort of, ah, tradition. Do you not?"

Harry didn't answer, but sat down and gulped his plain black coffee. Teddy asked him, "Don't you eat breakfast?"

"I get sick, " Harry replied simply.

"How?" Teddy asked. "I can't go without eating, "

Harry shrugged and continued to drink his coffee, ignoring the dog that was nudging his leg and whining. Teddy scratched his ears and Harry yawned. His hand was shaking slightly from fatigue and Draco eyed him curiously. Harry didn't look at him.

וווווווווווווו×

There was a quick knock at the door just a few minutes after midday as Draco and Harry were in the kitchen. Because they didn't hear the knocks, they didn't break away from each other.

They were pressed against each other, their mouths fitted together flawlessly. Harry adored the feeling of Draco's slight stubble on his jaw, the scratchy material feeling like a dream. Draco, who had his arm across the back of Harry's chair, listened to Harry's sigh and, on a whim, put his hand next to Harry's thigh on his chair, wanting to get as close as possible to the smaller boy.

"Oh, wow, " a voice said. "Getting along, then?"

The two broke away slowly, Harry scowled and Draco let out an annoyed huff. The one who spoke was Theodore Nott, a Mudblood by birth. Blaise Zabini, a pure-blood, was standing behind him.

Harry wasn't close to either of them, only speaking hostile words to them in the past.

"Hello, Harry, " Blaise said. "Can we call you that?"