XLVIII: Quidditch and a Kiss

With his Firebolt in hand, Harry strutted out onto the Quidditch Pitch, his face set in a scowl as he saw the Ravenclaw players looking at him. As the crowd of students cheered and as Lovegood was commenting the match, all twenty-two players were off, the Seekers flying high and the Chasers chasing the Quaffle, the Beaters with their clubs swatting at the Bludgers.

After Slytherin had the lead, Harry started his search for the Snitch. He watched as the Ravenclaw Seeker, a pretty girl named Cho Chang, tried to fake him out, but he knew she would, hardly looking at her. Harry heard a sickening group of people making bulgur noises, led by Ron with his nose now perfectly fixed. Too bad Madam Pomfrey couldn't fix the rest of him.

Out of the corner of his eye, after an hour of listening to the bulgur noises, his mind disoriented, he saw a glint of gold, but then it was gone. Harry covered his ears, squeezing his eyes shut for a minute to regain his bearings until he heard from the stands, "Fuck them up, Harry!"

Harry opened his eyes, seeing that Draco had his hands cupped around his mouth, doing his best to overpower the Slytherin's and their vicious attack on Harry’s unstable mind.

Harry nodded and continued his search, hearing Lovegood say, "And it looks like Harry Potter, Slytherin Seeker, just received a bit of encouragement from Draco Malfoy. I heard they were a couple . . ."

With incredible speed, Harry weaved through the other players, dodging the Bludgers being launched his way, earning a collective cheer from the crowd, making his ego expand. He stretched his hand out, catching up with the speeding Snitch, his fingers closing around the small, cold ball.

"Slytherin wins!" Luna said through the magic megaphone. "Slytherin versus Gryffindor for the Quidditch Cup in three weeks!"

The Quidditch team swarmed their star player, clapping his back and saying things along the lines of "Good job! Jolly good show, mate! Way to show them!"

When they broke apart to shake hands with the surly-looking Ravenclaws, Cho Chang told him, "Good game, Harry."

"Er, thanks, " he murmured. "You too, Cho."

She smiled and whispered, "You have a visitor."

Harry turned his head, seeing Draco coming towards him with a grin the size of London on his face. "Hey."

"Hullo, " Harry said. "Saw me flying?"

"Yeah, " smiled Draco, "you like to show off, don't you?"

Harry nodded and stood straight, kissing Draco's lips softly before explaining to him, "I have to celebrate with the team tonight. Don't wait up."

And, as he turned away, walking back to his team, he heard Draco call to him, "You know I will!"

Harry put his hand up and allowed himself to laugh and cheer with his team as they fed his inflating ego.

"Party in the common room!" a voice said, earning a round of jaunty claps and good-natured profanities.

When in the Slytherin common room, somebody revealed a table overflowing with pasties and Butterbeer and Firewhiskey. He reached for a bottle of Firewhiskey, laughing at something Long said.

"Are you and Malfoy really together?" one of the younger players asked.

Harry stared into his bottle, thinking for a moment before smiling widely and replying, "Yeah. We're a couple."

The players crowded around him and one asked, "How long?"

Harry blushed. "What do you mean?"

A seventh-year wolf-whistled and Harry grinned again. "How long have you two been together?" the player clarified.

"Since the end of September, " Harry answered, knocking back his bottle. They laughed with him and Harry grinned. Harry saw Ronald talking to Hermione, their voices hushed and their eyes on their former friend.

וווווווווווווו×

Draco sat in a red armchair in the Gryffindor common room and flipped through the Dailey Prophet. Blaise asked him as he read his own copy, "Are you and Harry doing well?"

"Yup, " Draco replied, not looking up at him or Theo, knowing that they would know exactly what had really happened between him and Harry last night.

Theo saw this and raised his eyebrows. "So you two getting along fine?"

"Theodore, " Draco hissed as Theo laughed, "fuck off."

Theo told him, leaning close, "I'll bet you top."

Draco couldn't help but grin slyly as Theo and Blaise's eyes went wide. "You bet, " Draco murmured. "He's a great bottom."

Theo groaned into his hands, trying not to laugh. Draco stopped on the third page, his eyes wide as he read the words Former Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Professor, Severus Snape, Apprehended for Cruel and Unusual Punishment Towards Student Harry Potter!

Blaise, who must have read the title as well, looked up at Draco, saying, "They let him use his name?"

Draco shook his head, knowing that Harry was going to hate this. At the bottom of the page, James Potter wanted for questioning regarding the involvement of burning a Dark Mark into son Harry Potter's forearm.

Theo looked down at the paper, finally gasping loudly when he figured out what they were reading. "This is---"

Draco put the paper down, frowning and saying, "Drop it."

They did and continued to talk until Draco felt two arms wrap around his neck, two hands resting on his chest, fingers tapping an uneven rhythm.

"Hullo, " Harry murmured against Draco's ear. He, Draco noticed, smelled faintly of Firewhiskey.

"Hey, " Draco said, "I thought you were going to be out late."

"I missed you, "

Draco asked, "How'd you get in here?"

"Some bloke asked, 'Aren't you Draco's boyfriend?' and I said, 'Yeah, so what?' and he asked if I wanted to come in and I said yeah."

Draco laughed at Harry's storytelling abilities, making Harry pout. "Wanna sit down?"

". . .there's no room."

"Didn't stop you before, " Draco said with a devilish grin, a gleam in his grey eyes that made Harry blush. When he didn't move, Draco added, "Oh, come off it."

Harry muttered something under his breath and sat down on Draco's knee, yelping from surprised when Draco pulled him close to his chest, his behind resting on Draco's lap. "I won't bite, " Draco laughed. "Unless you want me to again."

Harry hit his chest hard, knocking the breath from his lungs as Harry giggled, making Blaise and Theo raise their eyebrows.

"You're footloose and fancy-free today."

Harry scowled at Theo, saying, "Who asked you, Nott?" His lips brushed against Draco's jaw as he felt Draco's hands slide up his arms.

Theo grumbled, "You are in our common room."

Harry whipped his head around and glared. "So? Who cares?"

Theo grumbled under his breath, glowering at the dark-haired Seeker in front of him.

"Don't be like that, " Draco scolded, but he smiled, the severity not as prominent as it would have been.

"Like what?" Harry asked innocently, his emerald eyes wide as he grinned.

Draco chuckled, kissing Harry's cheek before continuing his conversation with his friends. Harry put his head on Draco's shoulder, listening to the solid thump of his heart as he daydreamed of summers spent shirtless and grimy with sand with Draco at his side, a Cola in hand.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote