XLI: A Dream and A Peculiar Owl

The next two weeks went by in a blur between Quidditch practices and Draco coming to see Harry every night, but not getting more intimate than a stolen kiss or two or three.

The morning after Harry and Draco had been together, he found two small, circle-shaped bruises on his torso, marvelling at how he vividly remembered the feeling. Draco didn't bring it up, however.

The Hufflepuff Quidditch team suffered a terrible defeat at the hands of Slytherin, earning Harry a few snide remarks, a few buttons pushed too hard, a few brawls with the dainty Hufflepuff lads.

Lovingly, Draco had been secretly cheering for Slytherin, watching only Harry the entire time. How could a person look so good in green and silver? How could they have a fierce look of determination so prominent that it seemed as if he could turn you to dust just by looking at you?

"Y'know, " Harry said in his quiet way, sneaking up on Draco, who, at the time, was in the library catching up on work, "it may be good, to be out."

Draco looked up at him as he pulled a chair out, sitting next to him.

"And I've been thinking, " Harry continued. "Maybe---maybe we don't have to tell people. Just . . .walk around and hold hands. Talk. Whisper. Kiss, maybe."

Draco stayed silent as Harry finished, a bit sadly, "But I dunno."

"It's okay, " Draco said quietly, touching Harry's hand. "What would you even say, if they were to ask?"

Harry thought for a moment before saying, "That I'm arse over tilt for Draco Malfoy."

Draco laughed and thought for a moment, finally deciding on, "That I'm in love with Harry James Potter."

Harry's nose wrinkled. "I don't like my middle name."

"What? I do, "

"If it has anything to do with me, you like it."

Draco shook his head. "That's unfair. You're, like, so cute and cuddly that---" Harry rolled his eyes, making Draco laugh and finish with a smile, "I lied about the last bit."

And Harry laughed as Draco held his hand, kissing the spot he scratched so often.

וווווווווווווו×

On a cold, stormy night in early February, Draco rushed into Harry's room, a wide grin on his face. "What did you do?" Harry asked curiously, not accusatory at all.

"Come with me, " Draco said quietly as Harry shoved on his shoes, his manner curious. "So, " he said as they walked down a deserted corridor, "I get access to this place since I'm Head Boy, but I thought that you may wanna see it."

Wonder what it is, Harry thought to himself. A collection of stamps?

Draco said, "Great Lakes, " to a patch of stone wall and a door appeared with the Gryffindor lion on it. Draco walked inside, beckoning for Harry to follow, which he did. When inside, Harry realized, it was just a large bathroom, but with a large, pool-like tub with almost two dozen nozzles and taps and a shower area.

Harry watched as Draco took off his shirt and started to unbutton his jeans. "What---"

"I thought we could go for a bit of a swim, " Draco interrupted, a sly grin on his face. With a wink towards Harry, Draco stepped out of his jeans, leaving himself in his briefs while Harry stared, unashamed of his slightly open mouth.

Harry pulled his shirt over his head, hearing Draco turning faucets and, when he turned around, he saw Draco smiling at him and he asked, "What?" with a flushed face.

Draco said, "C'mon, I'm not going to bite. Unless you want me to."

Harry stuck his tongue out and unbuttoned his pants, stepping out of them carefully, but he still tripped, almost falling. He noticed how Draco hungrily stared at the tight, black briefs he was wearing, his eyebrows raised a little. "Why are you staring?"

Draco smirked. "You're so tan. Talk about an olive skin tone."

"Shut up, "

Draco watched as Harry lowered himself into the water, sighing. The water was warm, a bit of steam coming off and curling into the air. With a huff, Harry sat against the little ledge on the edge, his back against the hot stone.

Draco came slowly towards him, his heart thumping and taking deep breaths. Breath hitching as Draco gripped the edge of the tub on either of his sides, Harry groaned when the tall blonde touched him. He opened his mouth to take a much-needed breath when Draco captured his mouth with his own, his tongue heated and his wet hand trailing water down Harry's face.

When they broke away for breath, Harry hoisted himself up and sat on the edge as Draco held himself up with his arms, Harry's breath quick and breathy as Draco's mouth trailed down his front and Harry lay his hand in his blonde hair, groaning when Draco got to his V-line.

Draco stopped and let out a breath as his tongue ran along the indents and listened to Harry as his breath escaped him in a loud, airily breathy way that spurred Draco on, making him---

Harry sat straight up in his bed, his heart pounding and his breath refusing to enter his body completely. Finally, he took a few deep, shaky breaths, noticing that he was in his room and not in a secluded bathroom with a very wet Draco Malfoy.

He stood, walking into his bathroom and Summoning a glass, filling it with water from the tap, drinking modestly. His tongue still felt dry as he went back to his bed, trying to ignore the recent dream, his eyes shut tight. Pressing the heels of hands against his forehead, he groaned.

These were dangerous thoughts, of being with Draco alone and with a minimal amount of cloth covering his---

Stop.

He rolled over, trying to smother himself in his pillow that somehow smelled of Draco's sweet yet masculine cologne. He could already feel sleep dragging him by its tendrils when he heard a quick three taps on his window. With a groan, he got up and opened his window, a peculiar black owl hooting twice as it hopped in, away from the rain and the lightning and the crashing thunder.

His heart stopped, however when the owl transformed into a man---a man that Harry knew all too well, who looked almost exactly like him, aside from his height.

"Hello, Father, " he mumbled, his chest filling with shame and fear.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote