4

"I am quiet surprised you have taken Davina as your Apprentice, considering what happened to the last one," Kol's voice rang through the room interrupting Nora and Davina

Davina looked up from Kol to Nora, "What happened?"

Nora pressed her lips together at Kol before looking back to Davina, "Nothing."

"If you call genocide nothing, then yeah," Kol shrugged, "Nora, here, taught boy how to use his powers like her. She had to tear his poor heart out."

"Kol, that is not what happened," She glared at her husband before looking at Davina, "I showed him how to use his powers and made him more powerful. He was doing great, until-," Kol cut her off again.

"-Until he murdered his whole coven."

Nora sighed, "He did not, he killed some of his siblings," She looked at Davina, "I also didn't kill him. I helped make a prism world where he now resides in," She looked at Kol, "You were daggered during this time, so shut it."

"What's that?" Davina asked her new mentor.

Nora frowned at remembering it, "It's a place where he can't get out of. Only someone with the object its tethered to can release him, given they know the spell."

"What was his name?" Davina asked out of curiosity. She wanted to know if she had heard of him before.

Nora smiled softly, "His name was Kai Parker, part of the Gemini coven. They syphon magic from objects."

"Why did you pick him?" Davina looked between Nora and Kol. Kol was intrested in hearing the answer as well.

Nora looked away and then back at the two, "I was helping the Gemini coven with a spell so that they would help me syphon the magic out of the daggers. Enough witches could do it, I was so desperate," She frowned, "He was being taught to use magic by his father, and was failing while his twin sister thrived. Something came over me, and I took him in as my own."

"Leading to the end that we all know all so very well, disaster," Kol grabbed his wife's shoulders seeing her look so upset. Nora reached up and grabbed one of his hands as she breathed deeply.

Nora broke away from Kol, "So where were we?"

"Mindsets," Davina answered, the two women still in front of each other.

Nora smiled slightly, "Mindsets, yes. So you need to be able to clear your mind in an instant. Do not let anger overtake you."

"You're one to talk," Kol chuckled from the couch where he watched her.

Nora glared at him, "I've had a thousand years to learn these things, without the worry of dying."

"Dying?" Davina frowned.

Nora took her hands softly, "The type of magic I'm showing you is very powerful. Powerful enough to kill you if you don't listen to what I say. Now, mindsets." Davina closed her eyes, "Now, I want you to focus. Open you're eyes, and attempt to move something without a spell."