32

After a few days, Nora stood with Kol, Hope, and Davina at the spot where the moon would be the most focused to power the ascendant

She held it in the palm of her hand as she dripped her own blood on it and began to chant her very own spell.

Her eyes went black as the group began to look amongst themselves, almost to tell each other to beware.

The bright light blinded everyone as the group was overwhelmed with shouts of terror and magic blows.

Hope took off with Davina towards Josie and Lizzie as Nora frantically looked around for any sign of Kai.

And she found him, in his most raw form, as he and her very own flesh fought to the death. Kol was already moving, as Kai use his vampire speed to shove a rather long branch through Eleanor's stomach. A scream ripped through Eleanor's throat so loudly that the very world around them behind to earthquake. Eleanor grabbed at the branch as she flew back towards the ground waiting on impact.

Kol caught her and laid her head in his lap. It took him a moment to realize how much older she was. Eleanor's closing eyes were solely focused on Kai, and for a moment could recognize the burning anger in her eyes. A very familiar feeling for Kol himself. He ripped the branch out very quickly and  bit into his wrist, pressing it against Eleanor's mouth. He was not going to lose her again.

Nora on the other hand has blasted Kai away from her daughter, allowing Eleanor to finally rest her eyes before going unconcious, "Malachi, that is enough!" She boomed as she stood between her daughter and her former adopted son, and student.

Kai laughed, "If it isn't, Nora Mikaelson. I just knew you'd come to save her. She's nothing like you by the way, which explains a lot right now."

Nora clenched her jaw, she had so much to say but refused to do so. She glanced behind her to see that Davina and Hope has got everyone but the four of them out of the prism world, "Can't bring yourself to kill me, can you?"

Nora wanted to hit him, but needed to keep a level head for her daughters sake. She could smell the blood and, the situation was tearing her in half. She loved Kai, like her own son, but he had tried to kill her very own daughter. Without giving him the satisfaction of another word, she used her mind to force him to follow her movements back through the portal.

Kol carried Eleanor through and didn't say a word to Nora. He was betrayed by her actions but also understood that she was split. Nora had talked about Kai very select times, and when she did, Kol knew that she loved him. So he gave her some space and hoped that their daughter would wake up. He knew if it were Davina and Eleanor he would be split as well.

He would deal with Kai later, and that was a promise.

Nora shoved Kai into the basement that Niklaus had turned into a dungeon. She shackled his arms with cuffs to prevent him from using magic and shot him with vervain.  Prior to this, she had planned to lock Kai up and make him a new hell, or even kill him to end her own wondering.

Kai had stared at Nora, also wanting to say so much to her but refusing to do so. He didn't want a reaction from her, nor did he want the silent treatment that she was currently giving him.

He just wanted her to love him like she had done all of those years ago. Despite being an adult, he still wanted his mother figure to help him out, one last time.

But that time would't come.

--

When Eleanor and Kol came walking down the steps, Nora was shocked. Not from the fact that Eleanor was alive, but from how old she had gotten. Nora found it hard to speak to Eleanor. Guilt flooded her for standing in between the two.

"I have one question for him," Nora mumbled quietly. She had stayed next to his door in silence trying to figure out what to say.  She didn't want to say to much and give him any chance to worm him way out.

Eleanor, who apparently was calling the shots nodded. Nora took a deep breath before opening the basement door. Kai sat smiling as soon as he saw the three enter, "Why did you kill them?" A question that had ate at her for far too long. If only he hadn't murdered his siblings and now her daughter, she could have gave him a leadership role and a loving adoptive mother. She, at that point, would have given him the world.

Kai shrugged with a now bored expression, "I wanted to."

With that Nora, still not satisfied zoomed forward and grabbed his face forcing their eyes to meet. She began to dig inside of his head for her answer as Kol and Eleanor stood watching.

"I could go look to," She told her father.

Kol sighed deeply, "Let her have this. She needs it."

After a few moment Nora jerked away from Kai and wiped her tears away. She zoomed out of the room without saying anything, as Kai collected himself rather quickly and smirked at the murderous pair.

It wasn't much long after that not even the bones of Malachai Parker could be recognized.

--

After completing her transition, Kol began to show Ellie the basics.

"How come being a vampire is easier than being a physic?" Eleanor groaned, "Plus it's much cooler."

Kol rolled his eyes, "Shut up. Now go compel us some ice cream and then you can zoom us back home."

"You act like it's that easy," Eleanor laughed at her dad, as he pushed her along.

Kol smirked, "You did just say it was easy, did you not?"

"I meant easier than, you know what? Nevermind. I'll go get us some ice cream, and if I win, you zoom us home." Eleanor didn't give him a chance to speak as she walked away.

Kol watched from the bench as his daughter spoke to the man at the register. Not shortly after he began to yell at her, sighing Kol stood up knowing he would have to fix the first of one of Eleanor's many messes.