12

It had been ten years, ten years at living a normal life, ten years of watching their little girl grow into a sassy pre-teen

It had been ten years, ten years at living a normal life, ten years of watching their little girl grow into a sassy pre-teen. Ten years of peace, if you can count being with Kol as peaceful.

Despite what most may think, he was a pretty strict father to Eleanor, while Nora attempted to let her live her life. Kol thought otherwise, seeing as his constant paranoia, for the fear of their young child.

To a degree Kol refused to let Eleanor go to school, claiming that he could teach her better at home. Nora eventually won the argument, sending Ellie to the Mystic Falls, supernatural school. Kol hated the idea what he couldn't go see his child whenever due to Hope also being there, but also agreed that her older cousin would protect her.

Kol and Nora were currently laying on their sectional together, "I don't think our lives have ever been this peaceful."

Kol stroked Nora's hair, "I quiet like it."

Nora sighed slightly, "Do you miss it?" She asked and Kol sighed as well. 

"Maybe a bit, but I wouldn't give up my family for it, no maam," Kol shook his head making Nora laugh.

Both of the parents jumped when Nora's phone began to ring. Kol went to snatch it away as the married couple began to wrestle their way to the phone. In a frenzy, Nora clicked accept and Ellie watched her parents struggle on the floor.

"Ew, were you guys banging?" Eleanor's voice rang through the phone.

Kol got up, "What the bloody hell is banging?" He snatched the phone from Nora who was getting up, and saw that Ellie was laughing so hard, she was crying, "Are you alright?"

"She's laughing Kol, no need to go super on her," Nora stood next to her, "What do we owe this pleasure?"

Eleanor stopped laughing after a moment, "Hope got sent home, I hear she was selling her blood."

Nora's eyes went wide, "Why would she be selling her blood?"

Ellie shrugged, "I might do it to, if it gets me out of here," She scoffed.

Kol clenched his jaw, "You will do no such thing, or I will come down to that school and you will,-" Nora watched at Eleanor rolled her eyes.

"Kol, she get's it," Nora deadpanned at her crazy husband.

His face softened, "I love you, bug."

Nora smiled at the nickname that Kol had given their child when she first started to crawl. Kol had said she looked like a bug crawling around and it just stuck.

"Love you dad, love you mom. See you soon," Ellie made a peace out with her fingers.

"Love you El," Then their daughter hung up.

Kol fell back onto the couch, "She is going to be the death of me," As Kol sighed. Nora could easily tell that Ellie and Kol held a closer bond than Nora did with her daughter. She figured it had more to do with Kol being over protective.

Nora sat down next to him, "I have to call Hayley, and tell her about,-" The phone cut her off. She picked it up to see Hope calling her.

She handed it to Kol, slightly pissed off at the teenager, "How's my little mere-do-well?" He asked the girl, as she walked around.

Nora could see that she was at the compound, "I've been better. How's Aunt Nora?"

"My darling wife is gorging her eyes, attempting to see you," Kol handed the phone to her and Nora glared at him. He shrugged with a smirk as she sat closer to him, "You know our home is beautiful this time of year. You should visit," He smiled at his niece.

"I'd love to, but I'm grounded," Hope smirked.

"Grounded?" Kol asked, "Can't ground a witch let alone my favorite niece."

Nora looked at him, "Oh but you ground our witch."

Both ignored her, "That's what I said. Mom didn't think it was funny."

"Well I'm sure it will blow over by Mardi Gras," Nora instantly knew what Kol was doing. He was playing the cool Uncle, to get information out of the witch.

"I didn't think it was a big deal at the time, but now that it's stirred up so much trouble, I feel kinda bad," Hope mumbled.

Kol smirked at her, "Darling, you can't get your knickers in a knot everytime you have a little kerfuffle. You'll never have a moment of pleasure. And I for one thought you showed some real entrepreneurial spirit."

Hope laughed, "Yeah that's me. Your friendly, neighborhood blood dealer."

"I'm sure you noticed by now, the best people are black sheep."

"Like my dad?" Hope asked.

"I was referring to me," Kol muttered and Nora began to laugh, "Niklaus is in a league of his own."

"Seen him lately?" Hope's face fell.

Kol frowned, "Well thankfully for you, no. Don't worry sooner or later, something will blow up in New Orleans. Some crisis or other always brings us back." Hope seemed in thought as Nora snatched the phone from him.

"Hope, don't listen to him. Freya and I are still trying to fix this mess," Nora smiled at Hope.

Hope nodded, "Okay, bye guys!" Before she abruptly hung up.

Nora smacked Kol in his head, "Why would you tell her that?"

Kol flinched, "Tell her what?"

Nora hissed, "Tell her a crisis brings us back together. If something happens that's now on you."

"How would that possibly be my fault?" Kol rolled his eyes.

Nora flicked him, "Hope is not stupid or weak. If she does something, it's your fault. Now let's go pick up our daughter for summer break," Nora snapped at him.

Nora dragged Kol to the car in their driveway. Nora had made Kol drive, so she climbed into the passenger seat, "At least now I get to finally see the school and staff," Kol pointed out.

Nora rolled her eyes, "Shut up and drive already."

With that, the couple took off to Mystic Falls to pick up their daughter who was patiently waiting for them with her bags packed.

Nora had called either and asked if Eleanor would be able to leave a week either and Alaric was okay with it, as long as she took her finals early.

Nora turned up the music with her mind as Kol groaned, "Seriously?"

Nora began to scream lyrics of any and every song that played for the hour drive.