30

It was hard for Nora or Kol to do much of anything after the disappearance of their little girl

It was hard for Nora or Kol to do much of anything after the disappearance of their little girl. It was as if they were back when they first turned, when she was murdered in front of them.

Yet, Nora begged to differ that this situation was extremely worse. They had no idea where she was, at least back then they knew she was gone.

"I just got off of the phone with Rebekah," Kol stomped into the room, "She has found nothing. Nothing!"

Nora barley flinched as Kol whipped his phone across the room into the living room wall. He let off a scream, one that tore her heart apart as he dropped to the floor. Nora used her vampire speed to catch him before he made impact.

He began to cry as she held his head in her lap, "How did she just vanish?" Nora stroked his hair out of his face. It had been months, with no leads. Every single contact that the original family had acquired over the years had began to search or keep an eye out for the very young Mikaelson.

Tears formed in her eyes as she watched her husband break for what felt like the hundredth time in the last thirty days, "I'm so sorry."

Kol picked his head up and stared at his wife, "None of this is your fault darling."

"If I was just stronger, I could find her. I know I could, I just need to push-," Kol had cut Nora off.

"It will kill you, which is not an option either. I'm just at a loss, love."

Nora let her tears stream down her face as Kol reached up to grab her face. He placed a tender kiss upon her lips, "This reminds me of something Rebekah said to me years ago."

"And what is that?" Kol wiped his tears, collecting himself a bit more.

"Our family is cursed. Everything we touch dies," Nora said seriously attempting to remember the situation that had happened for her to say that.

Kol rolled his eyes, "That was because of Niklaus. He destroyed our happiness."

Nora collected herself and the two made their way from the floor to the couch, "If he were here, he would have murdered half of the population to help us." 

"I miss him," Kol admitted softly, "He was a massive dick, but he was still my brother."

Nora leaned into Kol's chest, "I miss him to. El would have loved him."

"As if we would let her near him," Kol scoffed and then froze slightly, "Who is it?" He snapped as Nora glanced over her shoulder seeing their niece.

Nora slapped Kol's chest, "Hope, sorry about the mess-,".

The young Tribrid threw her glare to Kol before looking back to Nora, she obviously heard what the younger Mikealson said about her father, "I need your blood," Hope looked slightly frantic, both of the Originals stood up, "I know, it's a lot to ask and your blood is a very dangerous weapon against you but,-". Nora downed a cup of bourbon on the counter next to her before ripping into her wrist veins and letting blood drip into the cup, "You didn't even ask why."

"You're family and we trust each other," Nora gave Hope a sad smile as she handed her the cup, "Just don't get me killed."

Hope also knew that Eleanor was gone, but Hope had to help protect Landon and the school from the various monsters that attacked. Hope stood with Nora's blood for a moment, debating if she should tell her why she needed it. She assumed that much like the stories, that her family was extremely cautious and paranoid. Hope took a deep breath before telling Nora, "It's the prism world."

The hybrid's eyebrows came together with caution, wondering why Hope wanted to get to Kai or at least in the prism world. Nora's heart skipped a beat at the unlikely fear that she will see her student again. Kol caught onto this, knowing how her body posture went rigid. She frowned, "What happened?" Kol stood quickly placing a hand on her back. He wasn't fond of the prism world since it contained a man that he had never met, someone who was a murder and someone who he didn't want anywhere near Hope, let alone his daughter given they found her, "It's a dangerous place to go to, Hope."

Hope knew that Nora had known Kai, but wondered what else Nora was not telling her, "Josie, Lizzie, and Alaric got sent there. There's more details but the bottom one is I need to save them," Hope took one look at her closest family members and in that moment, Nora could see nothing but Hayley. It nearly made the cold hearted original shiver at seeing the dead mother, her only friend. The young girl turned and began to walk off.

Nora, finally snapping to her senses sped in front of her, "You'll need more than my blood if you're going in there."

"Nora," Kol warned, "You are in no shape to deal with this."

"I'm not going to let another parent watch their child die in front of them," Nora snapped at Kol, "Didn't it hurt us enough?" Hope slightly flinched at how sharp Nora's tone was with Kol. She had never once seen or heard her Aunt talk to anyone that way. In Hope's eyes, her family was damaged, broken even, but they never once made her question if they would hurt her. No, that was the history books in her school teaching her that.

"I have the pieces," Hope pulled out the broken Acendant and held it firmly, "We just need Bennet blood now."

"Give it to me," Nora told the young girl, "I can fix it."

Hope stared at her aunt seeing that in her eyes, this was a bad idea. That with everything going on, that this might make Nora go over the edge, "It won't work without Bennet blood," She repeated, not wanting to hand it over. Nora's heart began to do backflips at seeing this before Nora stared at her niece. She knew what she was going was wrong, but the moment she froze Hope and took the broken tool from her shaking hands, she breathed in deep.

"Nora!" Kol shouted at her as he walked over to Hope, "It will only last a few more seconds," He looked back to his wife, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I never thought I'd see this again," Nora cradled it in her hands, her tone so soft that it concerned Kol, "Even though Bonnie made a second prism world, it was still my spell and magic that helped her. There is always a back door."

Kol began to help Hope move her hands, holding onto her, "You helped make a second one?" He asked trying to catch up.

Nora glanced at him, "No, but my blood did, with my grimoire. Otherwise, it wouldn't be linked to their coven like I am," Her eyes began to burn bright with excitement, "I can feel it."

"Feel what?" Hope stumbled slightly, Kol catching her.

Nora looked down to the trinket, "The allure to the darkness," With that she sped away, leaving the original and the tribrid.

Hope looked at her uncle, "What did that mean?"

Kol sighed, looking rather annoyed, "Dark magic darling, Nora's speciality."