22

Nora had found Hope shortly after she has set out to find her

Nora had found Hope shortly after she has set out to find her. The tribrid stood before a cell with with a inhuman looking man inside.

"Hope," Nora breathed out in relief as she pulled Hope slightly behind her, "What were you thinking?"

"I caught him, didn't I?" Hope turned back to the decaying human.

Nora clenched her jaw and stepped forward, "Alright, who the hell are you?" Nora snapped clearly ready to rip his head off and be done with this ordeal.

The man opened his arms and smiled at Nora, "The Necromancer."

Nora rolled her eyes before she crossed her arms, "I'll handle this Hope, you don't need to see this."

Hope eyed her aunt, "You're just going to kill him?" Disbelief clear on her face.

Nora sighed, "Hope after a thousand years you tend to learn to eliminate the threat before it takes something of importance to you."

Hope shook her head, "I will watch him, go protect your daughter."

"How about, I am your aunt and much older and powerful than you are so you listen to me until you can handle threats," Nora knew she was being unfair to Hope and after the words left her mouth, she regretted saying them. Nora knew that since Hope had no parents left that someone had to step up and guide her, "This is to protect you."

Nora took off a necklace around her neck, "I was going to give it to Ellie when she got old enough. Clearly you need it, if you are going to jump in harms way," Nora held the neck out to Hope. It was a small silver chain, accompanied by a pink Quartz.

"Touching," The necromancer leaned closer to the bars, "It won't save you from Malivore."

Nora rolled her eyes as Hope took the necklace, "When you need, you use the stone," Nora pulled Hope in for a quick hug, "Be careful."

She knew if she never let Hope grow up, something bad would happen.

--

After Nora left Hope she somehow found herself roaming the halls of the school despite the danger that was there.

Nora wasn't friends with the Salvatore brothers to say the least. From Nora being a Mikaelson outcast,  they attempted to use her and Rebekah, that was until Kol was undaggered. The moment her love was back, Nora aligned herself with Kol to prevent Silas from coming back no matter how much Nora thought it was a story.

After Kol's death, Silas came to Nora.  That is a story for a different time, as Nora looked at the artifacts that Alaric and Caroline kept of their friends.

This made Nora think of the days when she was almost shameful of. The married couple had their daughter and niece to think about now, and it made Nora embarrassed how she use to react towards things. Kill first and don't care was Nora and Kol's thing.

"Nora," The hybrid turned away from the painting on the wall towards Alaric, "I think you should go home for the day. We have this under control, and it's nothing-," Nora cut him off.

"Jo told you, didn't she," Nora turn away from Alaric towards the painting.

Alaric took a step closer to the woman that he use to hate but now felt some sort of comfort in, "You created that monster."

Nora took in a small breath and closed her eyes for a second, "Kai hurt me as well. He was my friend, my brother. I should've saw the signs."

Alaric placed his hand firmly on Nora's shoulder, "We all make mistakes."

Nora opened her eyes and turned to Alaric again, "I thought I had fixed the issue, when I helped put him in that prism."

"You did," Alaric smiled sadly at her.

Nora frowned, "Until he got out and murdered your wife and nearly your children. Everytime I see Josie, I see Kai."

"Is that a vision or just guilt?" He asked actually worried about his daughter.

Nora looked into the much younger man's eyes, "I don't know, but I fear for the merge because both of your daughters do not deserve that."

"For a being alive a thousand years, do you have any idea how to avoid this?" Alaric swallowed hard, removing his hand from her shoulder.

Nora's frown deepened, "Just one. One of your daughters becomes a vampire. I believe that would make her a heretic?"

"No," Alaric breathed out, "Absolutely not."

"One parent to another, I'd rather see my child alive than in a grave," The two stood in each other presence before Nora slipped away to find Eleanor.

--

Eleanor had her legs kicked up on her desk as she played with a tennis ball that she pulled off of the bottom of someone's chair. She threw the ball at the wall and it would bounce once on the floor before coming back to her small hand.

"Ellie," Nora called out as soon as the doors flew open. A few students raised their heads confused, a few stayed asleep, "Hope had the threat taken care of, I'm heading home you are all dismissed," Nora told her class. Everyone stood up and slowly made their way out.

Nora walked over to her daughter who sat in her chair, "Are you coming home with me?" Nora picked her purse up.

Eleanor looked to her mom before kicking her legs off of the desk, "Nah, there's a party tonight. I thought I'd go."

Nora raised her eyebrow at her daughter, "What type of party?"

Eleanor rolled her eyes, "I think its Lizzie and Josie's birthday party. Josie invited me a few weeks ago but Hope asked if I was going yesterday."

Nora smiled slightly at the younger girl, "Do you need anything? A dress? Shoes?"

Eleanor sighed, "No mom."

"Alright," Nora kissed Eleanor's forehead before running her hand down the back of her head, "Have fun. You know how to reach me if you need me."

--

"You're home late?" Kol mumbled close to the front door as he held a glass of blood in his hands, "Everything alright?"

Nora kicked her shoes off and set her bag down on the table next to the door, "There was a threat today."

Kol frowned and set his glass down, "Is Eleanor okay? Are you okay? What about Hope?" Kol looked his wife up and down for injury. Nora would have healed anyways but he still worried.

Nora smiled softly as she pulled at the clip that held her hair up, "Yeah, Hope's taking care of it. I was going to kill him but Hope wanted to take care of it," Nora walked into her house and sat down on the couch.

Kol followed closely, "Are you sure that's wise? I mean she's still a kid."

Nora looked up at Kol for a few seconds before finding the words to speak, "She's going to match me in power, Kol. I have to start letting her learn before she becomes a vampire."

Kol sat down next to Nora, as Davina walked into the room, "Movie night?"

"We have watched bloody movies all day!" Kol shouted, "I can't take any-,".

Kol suddenly stopped talking but his mouth continued to move. He looked between the two witches unsure which one had done it to him.

He leaned back on the couch and crossed his arms with a pout as the two women picked a new movie to watch.