Chapter 12

Chase-

I sat on the edge of the bed facing away from the door. I looked at my reflection in the window and started to feel some kind of way, I felt dead.
As I kept looking at my reflection, I grew irritated and tired.

I thought of anti and what he said to me at the restaurant. Did he lie to me?? And what he said- He was 'leaving',

Knock. knock. knock. knock.

That's him...that's anti.
I don't want to see him.
I don't want to hear him.

"im sorry.." An unflattering and shattering voice broke through the room. I looked at the door in the reflection of the window. "If you don't want to let me in...don't." He said.
I didn't move, didn't respond.

"can I at lease....have my cigarettes...please?" He asked. I went to his side of the bed and opened the bed side table, grabbing his cigarettes and closing it. I went over to the door, unlocking it and opening it. Seeing anti at the door. Handing him his cigarettes he looks at me.
"I need my lighter.." Anti said.

Reaching for his lighter on the table and then heading for the open door.
I gave him his lighter.
"We're supposed to meet sean at the dining room..I don't think im gonna be there." I said. "That was my idea..".

"K'...well. Bye" Anti said as he put a cigarette in his mouth and glitched away.
I closed the door.

Anti-

I glitch away, reaching the rear end of the ship. I flicked my lighter and lit the cigarette in my mouth, puffing in large amounts of smoke and exhaling.

I stared it the ocean for a while.
I stopped.
How was I gonna approach the room tonight, he might not even let me in.

Maybe I could...glitch back at the house. No. Sean would know. He put a tracker inside the back of my neck, didn't think I'd find out. But I did.

I puffed more from my cigarette, exhaling then coughing.
"Ya know...smoking is bad for ya.." I heard a familiar voice from behind me.
"Yeah I know. Im gonna regret it one day but for now all I need is-..." I stopped.
"Anti?" Jackie walked up next to me.

"Hey...are we all brothers?" I ask.

"Oh I...hope not" Jackie replies.
I look at him.
"Why's that?" I ask him.

"Uh. Hey anti, can you keep a secret?" Jackie says as he looks at the water behind the ship.
"As long as you can."

"Great" Jackie says.
"Ok so..I have a little bit of a....uh-"
"Crush on marvin.." I complete his sentence.

"Wait. How did you know?" Jackie asks.
"OH I've just happened to see you staring at him from across the room all the time" I say As I toss my cigarette.

"Don't you have a secret?"