5th Chapter

SOOMIN POV

I woke up with the sound of my alarm and got up to get ready to school. I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked tired and I had two dark and deep circles under my eyes. I'm ugly, that's why everyone makes fun of me.
I opened a little bag that I had in my room and found the thing that is the most close to me. I turn my wrist and made a little cut on it. I did it few more times, pressing the cold metal object on my skin, marking my skin. I took a bath to wash the blood from my arms and cleaned the blood from the floor.
I went to my room and got dressed. Then went downstairs to have breakfast before my dad woke up, but since I wasn't that hungry, I only drank an yogurt and went to school.

I arrived there too early so I decided to walk around. I went up some stairs that I found. I was fascinated, you could see the whole school from there. I stayed there for a few minutes until I heard the school bell. I shouldn't have stayed there for so long, it was a big mistake because when I arrived to the classroom everyone was already there and looked at me. Like always, Wooyoung sat next to me, but didn't talked to me. He probably understood by my face that I wasn't in the mood to talk about anything.

The literature teacher arrived and started to give the class of today.

Teacher: Class, today I want you to write a little text about death, than I want you to present it to the class. You have 20 minutes, you may start.

Everyone started to write and after the 20 minutes they started to present it. I waited for my turn.

Teacher: Park Soomin, it's your turn.

I got up and went to the front of the class. I took a deep breath and started.

Soomin: Death – I looked at the class and again to my notebook – Even just this word scares some people. I define death as a sleep without dreams. There are those who run from death and others that call for it, which are those who commit suicide. Death isn't only a bad thing. Those people who kill themselves, for example, are a perfect example of that. They show that there are things in life that are much worse than death. I'm not afraid of death, I'm not afraid of dying – for some reason, I looked at Wooyoung – Death is the least of my problems. Actually, there's a quote that I really like that says :"The only solution for my problems is death".

I looked at the teacher showing that I've already finished.

Teacher: Very good miss Park. What you wrote was very...deep. You may sit down.

I walked to my place. I noticed that Wooyoung opened his mouth various times, but he didn't said anything.

Wooyoung: Beautiful name. – he ended up saying.

Soomin: Thank you, it's the same as my mom's.

Wooyoung: Really? How do you distinguish from each other when your father calls your name?

Soomin: She's not here. – I swallowed hard.

Wooyoung: She passed aw...

Soomin: She's dead. – I said cold, interrupting him.

Wooyoung: Oh... I'm so sorry.

Soomin: Don't be. It was my fault.

Wooyoung: What? Don't blame yourself for her death.

Soomin: You don't know anything. – I said harshly, he decided to don't say anything else.

Teacher: I want you to present an essay tomorrow. It is about a writer of your choice. You have to do it with the person who's sitting next to you.

I rolled my eyes. More time to spend with Wooyoung. Great.

Wooyoung: Your house or my house? – he asked.

Soomin: Mine.

The day passed slowly like usual. I was now getting out of the classroom with Wooyoung. We went to my house, we got there quickly because he drove us there.

When we arrived to my house, we went to my room, I turned on my computer and we started doing the essay. The writer we chose was William Shakespeare. Right after we finished doing it, we heard a door slam. I ran to the window and saw my dad's car parked in front of the house.

Soomin: It's time for you to go. You have to get out through here. – I opened the window.

Wooyoung: What? Why? – he asked confused.

Soomin: Please... - I beg. He was still confused but did what I asked.

He got out and I ran downstairs. I found my dad in the livingroom, he looked at me with anger on his eyes.

Dad: Who were you talking to?

Soomin: Nobody.

Dad: Don't lie to me – he yelled at me and slapped my face making me fall – It should have been you, not your mother – he said kicking me.