Chapter 19

"Mom?" I met her again. Yesterday, I met Father. I wished I could reunite with both of them.

"Mom, why don't you just stay here? Father will be here tomorrow, that's for sure. I will also ask him to stay here with us for good." I happily said when Mom gazed on me.

She smiled, and suddenly, Father appeared in front of me. "Wow. This has been my dream for such a long time. To be with you both. Finally." I beamed as I tried to hug them but I couldn't. Tumagos lang ako sa kanila. What?

"What's this, Mom? Projection? When will you visit again? Tomorrow? Okay, I'll wait." I smiled. Maybe, they had to do something now. They would surely visit me again. I had been alone in this empty place for such a long time. All I had was myself, and it never felt so nice until one day, my parents paid me a visit. Hanggang sa tuloy tuloy na.

I no longer feel as empty as this place right now. I'm content, I'm happy. I can be with them more often. That's more than enough for me.

"No, darling. This is real." Mom smiled at me. She always had the purest smile ever.

"You've been sleeping for quite a long time. Now, it's time for you to wake up." she added that got me confused.

"Huh? Father, what is Mom saying? I just woke up." nalilitong tanong ko. Just like Mom, he smiled.

"You promised to live for us, my daughter. You can continue fulfilling that promise now." he said which confused me even more. Anong sinasabi nila?

"They are all waiting for you. You can go home now, darling."

"But this is my home, Mom. You two are my home. What are you talking about?"

"We love you, my kids."

Unti-unting lumalayo ang imahe nina Mom and Dad. Pilit ko silang hinabol ngunit parang bawat hakbang ko palapit ay katumbas ng tatlong hakbang nila palayo. My tears started falling.

No, I can't be alone again. Not in my home.

"Live, my daughter." huling salitang binanggit ng Hari bago sila tuluyang maglaho sa paningin ko. Bigla akong nakaramdam ng matinding antok at hindi ko na alam kung nakatulog ba ako o nilamon na ako ng kadiliman.

***

"When is she gonna wake up? I miss her."

"I don't know. Let's just wait, alright? She's improving. Her fingers already moved."

"It's been a year."

"Yeah. I miss her, too."

***

"Today is the third time her fingers moved again."

"You're recording it?"

"Of course! I will tell her how very good she is when she wakes up."

***

"How are you?"

"I don't know."

"You look like shit."

***

"I saw her eyelids move. I thought she was gonna open her eyes."

"You have a video of that scene?"

"Yes! Do you wanna see it?"

"He always records everything everyday."

***

"I met a girl. She's the total opposite of you. I don't know but everytime I meet people, I automatically compare them to you. It's only you I want."

***

"Goodness, lady. You need to wake up soon. You'll be very proud, I'm sure."

***

"Day 728. I'm filming again. How are you now?—What was that?! Is she crying?!—Woah, Day 728, another progress. You're such a very good girl. Good job."

***

"Day 729—"

"Filming again?"

"Yes! I will show this to her. I know she's waking up soon—"

"Fuck. Did you hear that?!"

"Day 729, we heard her voice! He will be so happy!"

***

"Day 730. I feel so sad right now. I've been staring at her the whole day and she's not making anything."

"Where is he?"

"Probably drunk. But sure thing, he'll come. Oh, there he is. Still looks like shit."

"It's been two years."

"Can I have a second with her? Alone?"

***

"I'm trying to be better."

"I'm fighting... like you."

"I miss you so much."

"Two years and I feel—I don't know."

"I just feel you..."