Chapter 27

New story entitled "Tame Me, Pepper", on-going now! : )

***

"You risked your second life for Silver, lost your heartbeat but miracle happened, you survived." nakatulala lang ako habang nakikinig sa kwento nila. Kung ano ba talagang nangyari.

"How about Mesqueta? The people?" I asked worriedly. Wala silang nabanggit tungkol sa kanila.

Mr. Stark smiled at Prim who was silent, kanina pa. "We stayed for a month after that battle. One night, while you were sleeping, you showed us a projection." He looked at Prim.

"You showed us a projection of my father's secrets. I don't know but right after that night, the King and Queen of Vormir arrived. They wanted to help. They knew." finally, Prim spoke. Napangiti ako. His biological parents were the King and Queen of Vormir. The McDermotts. Sila ang sinisi ni Rene sa pagkamatay ng una niyang anak kaya bilang isang miyembro ng mga rebeldeng shapeshifter, madali niyang nanakaw si Prim, whom he eventually loved. Funny. A demon knew how to love.

"Also, during that day, you showed us another projection. The Mesqueta's doom. Even on your unconsciousness, the chaos magic was overpowering your body. You showed us the future."

"And so we did everything to prevent it. Nakiusap si Colt sa totoong magulang niya na pagbuksan ng pinto ang mga taga-Mesqueta."

"No. What did you see? I can't understand if I don't know what was that." naguguluhang sambit ko. They looked at each other then sighed.

"Because you were almost dead and we didn't know when were you waking up, and I abdicated my royalty long time ago, we learned that it could no longer be retrieved, Mesqueta lost its ruler. AllFather was about to erase Mesqueta in Estes." I held my chest. It was all my fault.

"Nagdesisyon kaming dalhin kayo ni Silver sa mundo ng mga mortal. We all agreed with that. Estes was such a cruel world and we could no longer afford to see you suffer and kill yourself. You had your third life. We couldn't just risk it." tumulo na naman ang luha ko. I was nothing but a failure. Imbis na ako ang magprotekta sa kanila ay ako pa ang iniintindi nila. Because of that damned chaos magic.

"But AllFather didn't let us leave for good. Nagpadala siya ng mga alagad niya para iparating sa amin ang kondisyon niya. He gave us mercy. Kahit alam niyang tatakasan natin ang kapalaran ng Mesqueta, pinarating niya pa rin sa amin ang balita."

"We couldn't leave Estes for good unless we surrender our powers." tuloy tuloy ang pagbagsak ng luha ko. Alam ko na ang susunod nilang sasabihin.

"And so we all did. Even Silver's undiscovered ability."

"I'm sorry. Kasalanan ko lahat. You didn't deserve all of that. I'm sorry." I cried in my hoarse voice. Kaya pala nabanggit noon ni Silver na halos normal na tao na lang din kami, kaya siya napagalitan ni Prim. Kaya hindi nakapagsalita sina Ali.

"No, it was you who didn't deserve anything that happened. You showed everyone nothing but kindness, and how pure your heart was. Kaya hindi kami nagdalawang isip isuko ang mga kapangyarihan namin." Ali explained. Trying to comfort me.

"Because we loved you the way you deserved to be loved. Even until now, we love you. More than how we did before." tumakbo ako palapit kay Prim na nagsalita ulit, sa wakas. I hugged him so tight.

"Hey! He said it was us who love you! Not just him! Colton you motherfucker, I'm starting to hate you now." rinig kong reklamo ni Ali saka sila nagtawanan. For sure, pinapagaan niya lang ang mood.

"Group hug!" and they all hugged me.

"Prim, I'm sorry for manipulating you before just to kill me. I know it left you a deep scar and I'm really sorry for—" I didn't get to continue when his lips occupied mine. In the middle of our fucking group hug. Napalayo tuloy sina Ali at Mr. Stark at nilayasan kami.