Chapter 28

We went back to Manila in peace. Yes, tanggap na tanggap ko na. Now, all I have is my family. Regarding my people in Mesqueta, I'm just so thankful to my boys, especially my man, who came up with the idea of bringing them to Vormir. I'm sure they're in good hands now. The McDermotts were a good ally. Ni hindi ako nagdoubt noong nalaman kong sila ang totoong pamilya ni Prim.

Prim taught me how to drive. He taught me the Do's and Don't's while driving so now, I'm all free to wander kahit maligaw pa ako. This world's amazing. Thanks to one who invented Waze.

I'm meeting Zen today. It's been a month since our short vacation. We are friends now. I parked my car —well, Prim's car turned mine— then headed to our rendezvous.

"Alena, here!" I almost stopped walking when I noticed that Zen was with someone very pretty. Probably the prettiest human I had met so far.

"Um, Alena, this is Madison West-McLaren. Maddie, this is Alena Van Arsdale. Um, she's related to those three super duper hot bachelors. As in sobrang related. She's a big big fish!" Zen laughed at her own introduction about me. I almost cringed. She didn't have to say all that.

"Hi, nice to meet you, Alena." she said, sounding so friendly. Wow, I so loved her beauty. Sobrang simple lang, natural na natural. I loved her eyes, really. It was her eyes with thick and long lashes that caught me.

Nagbatian at nagkwentuhan lang kami noong una, pampaalis lang ng awkwardness na sa tingin ko wala namang ganoon talaga kasi magaling makisama si Maddie. I learned that McLaren family was number one on the list in terms of the wealthiest families in the Philippines, na sinundan ng pamilya ni Maddie na Davidson-West. Naisip ko tuloy sina Prim. In terms of richest men in the PH, sila naman kasi iyong nangunguna, Prim, specifically, the number one. Followed by Ali and Mr. Stark. 'Yung pinakamayayaman na walang pamilyang involved. Kumpara kasi sa iba, may napatunayan agad 'yung tatlo in just two damn years. Mas mayaman pa nga sila kesa sa dalawang families na nabanggit ko. Paano nila nagawa 'yun? Imposible. Well, not really impossible. My boys just offered this world dear and invaluable products.

Sa gitna ng pag-uusap, napunta bigla kami sa modeling—which happened to be the reason why we were with Maddie now. She wanted me to be the ambassadress of her Clothing Brand, while her sister wanted me for her Beauty Line, according to her.

"I know, your family's the wealthiest and that modeling industry is no familiar to you, but we promise you a very comfortable working place and staff." she explained to me all the important details that needed to be heard including salary, benefits, everything.

Sa totoo lang, nagkainteres ako sa offer niya. Gusto ko rin ng income para hindi ako nakaasa lang doon sa tatlo. I was never fond of depending on others. I was a goddamn queen for goodness' sake.

"Your offer's really good but I doubt it when you say I'm perfect for the job. I mean, what do I know? And I'm no popular like Zen. Who would patronize your products if your ambassadress is a nobody?" I said as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Girl, you don't really get it, do you? Your name, your photos are all over the internet, televisions, newspapers! You're now more popular than I am!" Zen almost yelled at me. Huh? Was she kidding me?

"Remember that week when your boys kept your company while touring you around the city? When you were fetched by Quen in front of Stark Industries? When you were always out with Colton? Um, when you were with me in Coffee bean? When—"

"God, you're creepy." putol ko dahil nagcringe na talaga ako. Natawa tuloy si Maddie. Like, how did Zen know all that? Well, apparently, I became famous because of them.

"I know, it kinda appears that you went famous because of those four bachelors and um, well, maybe me as well? But believe me, hindi ka pa trending no'n. May photos, yes, nakilala ka pero hindi nagviral. Get it?" she said, I nodded.