6

And I'm sick thinking 'bout you when you're not with me
No, this ain't healthy

Don't even smile
Don't even look at me (don't look)
Don't say the words you know it's gon' happen
'Cause only you know what it does to me
Heart beat fast like it's tryna run from me

Prettymuch
Healthy

Amelia's POV
I held it up getting pissed at how slow the elevator was moving since my hands were about to give out any minute from the weight of the box. The door opened and with my luck the moment I stepped into the office it fell.

"Fuck," I cursed irritated.

"Watch your mouth," Xavier scolded a frown on his face.

"Sorry," I replied as he walked over to me picking up the box.

"Good morning Amelia," he greets a smile on his face and I laughed slightly.

"Good morning," I replied as he brought the box into my office, he returned grabbing his jacket off his desk.

"Come on we're going for a walk," he told me and I looked at him as if he is crazy. No he is, I am convinced he is.

"Xavier you have a meeting in twelve minutes," I informed him checking my watch.

"I'll have someone cancel it," he replied leading me into the elevator.

"Xavier you can't ju-"

"Do you like ice-cream? He asked cutting me off.

"Yeah,"

"Let's get some ice-cream," he said as the elevator doors opened his hand moving around my waist leading outside.

"Xavier people are watching," I whispered uncomfortable under their stares.

"Let them," he said opening the door for me, I walked out and he lead me to a little ice-cream parlor a block away. He ordered, returning a couple minutes later my ice-cream in his hand.

"Thank you,"

"You're welcome Amelia,"

"Where is yours?" I asked as we began walking.

"I'm not really a fan of ice-cream,"

"What?" I asked amused and he chuckled.

"It's basically frozen sugar and-"

"Okay, sshh, because you're ruining my day," I half joke and he smiles.

"When was the last time you ate ice-cream?" I asked as we crossed the street

"When I was a child,"

"Are you serious?" I asked amused as we walked towards a small park I never really noticed.

"Yes I'm serious,"

"Taste it," I say holding out the spoon and he frowned looking indecisive.

"Xavier," I call out and he sighed leaning forward he takes the spoon in his mouth his eyes staying with mine. I pulled back the spoon and he lets me licking his lips, I cleared my throat pushing away the series of thoughts that began to make their way inside my head and I hear him chuckle.

"Could be better," he comments and I fight the urge to slap him, I roll my eyes as we continued to walk.

"Tell me a story, " he ordered looking at me.

"About what?"

"You, Amelia,"

"I think you know everything Xavier," I said and he chuckled his hand moving around my waist pulling me towards him my heart speeding up at the small gesture.

"Why don't you tell me something about you?" I asked putting a spoonful of icecream in my mouth.

"What do you want to know?" He asked leading us to a small bench under a tree.

"Why are you so-" I paused not knowing exactly how to word it. "-touchy," I finished thinking it over and he chuckles.

"A good boss makes his employees feel valued," he replied amused as we sat down.

"And your hand on my thigh is, your way of making me feel valued?" I asked rolling my eyes and he frowned running his hand through his hair.

"I'm not really good with words,"

"Weren't you named one of best inspirational speakers of the decade?"

"Yes, but when it comes to...expressing myself, words don't come as easy, Amelia," he said frustrated his hand moving to my knee and a thought flashed through my mind.

"You know I'm not going to be,"

"Going to be what?"

"I mean I don't want to be,"

"What comes after be, Amelia?" He asked slight humour in his firm voice. I took a deep breath pushing away my nervous subconscious as I looked away from his burning gaze.

"The way you behave...behave around me, with me it's highly inappropriate. I don't want you think I'll be your little assistant that you fuck on top of your desk or in the break room, if that's your intention I think it's best if you fire me or atleast send me back to work for Mr Caine," I told him after a couple seconds of silence I turned to face him to be greeted with a hard look on his face.

"Amelia....I'm sorry if you thought that was my intention, I can see where you would get that idea.. and I apologize for my lack of communication, in what I want,"

"So what do you want?" I asked my voice sounding strange I cleared my throat, he reached forward taking my ice-cream placing it on the bench his hand moving to my chin making sure I held eye contact.

"You..I want you Amelia," he answered his voice soft but held a level of firmness. I sat there looking at him, his eyes filled with emotions and unspoken words that had me melting under his gaze.

"What do you mean y-"

"Please don't make me repeat myself, I find it quite annoying," he replied his other hand moving from my knee to thigh the grip firm.

"Well you're my boss telling me that you...want me, I think I'm going to need some clarification Xavier," I said frustrated and he swallowed hard, his Adams apple moving and I wish I could know what he was thinking. Before another thought can pass through my mind, his lips are on mine kissing me with so much need and passion I almost fall apart.

I moved my lips kissing him back his hand tightening on my thigh. I couldn't deny that there was something between us because there was, and I also couldn't lie and say that I didn't want to know what.

His tongue slipped into my mouth dancing with my own and I moaned, my hand gripping his jacket as my thoughts become jumbled leaving me to concentrate on the taste of whiskey and mint on his tongue.

The sound of people talking breaks my trance and I pull away remembering we were in a park a block away from our workplace. I cleared my throat trying to pull but his hand moved to my neck holding me in a place, I fight back a moan as leans forward whispering in my ear.

"Did that bring some clarity on the situation?" He asked amused turning me on a little more, clearly not fazed by us being where we were.

"Xavier," I called out breathless and he removed his hand kissing my forehead before standing up.

"Come, let's get you another ice-cream before heading back," he said holding out his hand and my eyes travelled to the melted ice-cream in his hand. I nodded not really being able to speak taking his hand standing up. Mentally clapping legs for staying strong. I just kissed my boss, shit.. I need to call Lesley.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Vote and comment

Thanks for reading ❤️