7

When life leaves you high and dry
I'll be at your door tonight
If you need help, if you need help
I'll shut down the city lights
I'll lie, cheat, I'll beg and bribe

To make you well, to make you well

Phillip Phillips
Gone Gone Gone

Amelia's POV
I clicked send, smiling as a sense of relief came over me from knowing that was my last email for the day since it was already after six. I grabbed my phone placing it in my purse before grabbing my keys heading out. I looked over to Xavier who was still busying himself with work, the sleeves of his shirt rolled up and his body tense.

"Are you okay?" I asked moving over to him instead of answering he just sat their staring at me. I shifted uncomfortably and I felt his hand around my waist pulling me to his lap.

"Xavier," I said looking at the elevator doors.

"What?" He asked against my neck a flutter in my belly at the feel of his hot breath before I could reply he began kissing my neck. His tongue touching my now burning skin as his hand moved up my thigh causing my eyes to close. I moaned leaning against him, moving my head to the side allowing him better access and he suddenly pulled away. His hand moved to my side pulling me back against him, leaving my body closer to his than before.

"Amelia?" He called out and I hummed in response.

"How are you feeling, am I making you uncomfortable?" He asked now playing in my hair, how can I ever be uncomfortable, laying in his arms was the most relaxing feeling.

"I'm am completely the opposite of uncomfortable,"

"Are you sure, because if me touching you is too much I can stop, I dont want you-" before he can finish his sentence I cut him off.

"Please don't," I whispered surprising myself and his chest shook with laughter.

"Are you leaving?" He asked kissing my cheek and closed my eyes enjoying the feeling of his body pressed against mine and the warmth of his embrace.

"Yes,"

"Let me walk you to your car,"

"Aren't you leaving as well?" I asked as I forced myself to stand.

"No I have a few more things to do,"

"I can stay and help if you like," I offered hoping he would say yes, this man always seemed to buried behind some paper or computer screen. He smiled standing up his hand moving to chin making me look at him.

"As sweet as that is babygirl, I need you to get some rest you've been on your feet all day," he told me softly kissing my forehead the nickname making my heart swell.

"So have you," I fired back and he smiled his other hand moving to the small of my back.

"That smart little mouth of yours, is exactly why you need to go home,"

"What does my mouth have to do with it?"

"Because if you stay here I might just do something I'll regret," he whispered in my ear, a tingle running down my spine from how close he had gotten without me realizing and thoughts invaded my mind, wondering exactly what he planned on doing and if the threat was empty. He pulled away looking at my face as if trying to read my mind not long after a dark, throaty chuckle leaves him and he smiles.

"Stop letting your imagination run wild,"

"I'm just wondering what exactly-"

"I was referring to fucking your mouth," he told me casually and my eyes went wide at his bluntness as his smile broke into a laugh.

"Oh," is all I manage to get out and he kissed my forehead a smile still clearly on his face.

"You wear your emotions for everyone to see babygirl," he commented and I looked up at him confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Your face, its very expressive," he answered and I nodded.

"Come, we need to get you home before it gets any later, " he told me pecking my lips leading me to the elevator the moment the we arrive outside the cold air hits me and I pull away from him doing a mini jog to my car not missing the sound of his laughter behind me.

"This is your car?" He asked cringing.

"Yes, Xavier meet Francine," I introduced and he smiled.

"Francine is a piece of shit," he commented a stern look on his face.

"Xavier that is no way to speak to a lady,"

"I apologize but I thought women were all for honesty,"

"Not when it's criticism," I replied and he chuckled moving closer to me.

"We're getting you a new car tomorrow during lunch,"

"Xavier, I don't want to give up on Francine we have been through so much, she actually a gift from my grandfather," I said frowning slightly as memories crossed my mind, wishing he wall still alive. Xavier kissed my forehead saying a small sorry since I had told him the story of me losing my grandfather.

"Then we don't have to sell it, but I don't think it's safe and I don't want to have to be worrying," he said warming my heart and I looked back at Francine who was taking me on a guilt trip.

"Fine,"

"Now come, I'll drive you home and have someone drop your car off tomorrow," he told me leading me towards his car.

"Does it have a name?" I asked and he chuckled shaking his head.

"Audi R8," he replied opening my door and I said a small thank you getting in waiting for him.

"You know I didn't mean that" I said the moment he got inside.

"I have too many cars to give them individual names babygirl,"

"That makes you sound a little conceited," I said amused and he smiled.

"Then label me conceited," he replied driving off, I am loving this nickname.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Vote and comment

Thanks for reading