26

Amelia's POV
I was currently on my way to the lunch room, since Xavier had finally decided to develop some sort of relationship between him and his mother he took her to lunch, so I was riding solo and I really didn't feel like walking two blocks by myself.

So I was pushing the door open to the lunch room that I've never used, but I did know the lunch workers since Xavier had them bring us lunch when neither of us cooked. We engaged in many conversations especially when Xavier was consumed by work.

"Chris," I said and he smiled.

"I never thought I would see you here," he joked as I walked up to the counter.

"The usual?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah but it's only me this time,"

"Alright give me five minutes," he said walking off.

"Amelia," I heard a fimiliar voice call out and I turned to see Hunter standing there smiling.

"Hey,"

"Hardly seeing you,"

"Did you get a haircut?" I asked and he chuckled shyly.

"Yeah, wanted a more formal look," he said and I smiled.

"You look beautiful by the way, this colour suits you," he added his eyes running over me.

"Thank you and I don't think black is a colour," I replied laughing turning

"Right, but I was wondering if you would like to g-"

"Here you go," Chris said cutting him off and I silently thanked God not wanting to hear the rest.

"Thanks Chris," I said picking up the box and my water and he smiled moving over to somebody else.

"I've got go Hunter, got alot of work waiting on me,"

"Alright guess I'll see you around,"

"Hopefully," I said laughing as I walked away.
.
.
.
.
I got up throwing garbage in the bin before going back to sit around my desk taking a sip of my water. I heard the elevator doors open and soon Xavier was stepping into my office.

"How was it?" I asked watching as he pulled off his jacket.

"I don't know,"

"How are you feeling?"

"Confused, " he said sitting on the edge of my desk his eyes running over me as he folded his hands.

"She told me why she left," he mumbled and I could feel his disconnect from the world around him.

"We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," I told him truthfully standing resting my hands on his arms.

"No I want to," he said sighing frustrated running his hand through his hair. I leaned into him, resting my head against his chest wrapping my hands around his torso listening to his heartbeat.

"Talk to me then," I whispered and he went silent for a couple seconds before saying.

"You know when I was younger my dad always told me stories about how my mother left, he used to tell she choose another family over us and that she didn't love us anymore and when I reconnected with her and I saw her with her family I assumed it was the truth,"

"But after today...she didn't leave for reasons he gave, she left because he forced her to, because as usual the man placed his work before everything and everyone else and when she filed for divorce, well you know no man with that much power is going to lose a custody battle," he continued his hands tightening around me slightly his body growing more tense with every word that left him.

"I left after she told me, because there was just....it was just too much to handle, I called him on the way over and everything she said is the truth," he finished sighing and I stood there not really knowing what to do but hold him, it wasn't everyday that Xavier became this vulnerable. I tightened my hold on him silently letting him know that I wasn't going anywhere.

"And the worst thing is there wasn't a hint of remorse or guilt in his voice, I never really liked the man but always respected him, but now that the respect is gone what is left, there is no longer any foundation or any reason for me to see or tolerate him,"

"Amelia," he called out softly and I hummed in response.

"Don't leave," he whispered, I titled my head looking up at him, my eyes locking with his.

"I love you, Xavier," I whispered back and he looked away from me, running his hand through his hair.

"Come," he told me firmly pulling away to grab his jacket.

"Where are we going?"

"Back to my house," he replied leading me outside. The journey to his house was rather quiet but it wasn't awkward silence it was one of solace. I've never been to his house before and I didn't quite realize it until now.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I want to thank you all for taking the time out to read, comment and vote on the book‼️❤️‼️

I really appreciate it💯‼️

Hope you guys are enjoying the book so far❤️

If you guys have any questions about me that you would like answered comment here❤️‼️