32

Amelia's POV
I watched the men before us as they continued to present their idea to Xavier, my father was doing much better resulting in us finally going back home, which I was thankful for.

I watched as Xavier continued swiping through his phone uninterested, I lifted my leg slapping his under the desk, he looked up at me confused and I silently motioned to the men before us, he sighed turning to them.

This man didn't emit enough empathy, I was really considering him not being human, it would be the only sensible explanation for his actions. I watched as his eyes went down letting me know he was secretly on his phone, I rolled my eyes giving up watching as the men before us wrapped up their presentation.

Xavier stood up putting his phone his pocket, clearly not impressed. I looked over to the men whose hope was slowly vanishing.

"Mr Persons-"

"It's terrible, I don't like it, Amelia I h-" he started blunty his head buried in his phone.

"What he means is clean it up and come back sometime next week, probably change the profit sharing ratio," I told the men cutting him off, I moved over to him quickly leading him outside before another insensitive statement left him.

"That's not what I meant," he mumbled putting away his phone, now he chooses to get off the object.

"And we're going to be busy next week," he said calling for our private elevator and I rolled my eyes.

"We're free on Friday," I said knowing his schedule

"And that was intentional, I had something planned for us, " he said as we stepped inside his hand moving around my waist.

"Okay we'll do it the following week," I said and he mumbled something under his breath and I rolled my eyes pulling away from him as the elevator doors opened stepping into the office.

"Are you upset?" He asked behind me

"Why would you think that?" I asked continuing journey to my office only to be pulled into his chest.

"What is it?" He asked turning me to face him, his hand moving to my chin, eyes holding mine.

"Xavier you're just very insensitive," I replied and his face pulled together in confusion.

"I don't recall a time where I have been insensitive towards you, " he whispered sadness hidden in his voice and I groaned irritated.

"Not with me, with everyone else,"

"And why his that a problem?"

"What do you mean why is that a-"

"Amelia I don't care about anybody else's feelings but yours, and if you're not getting hurt in the process I don't see-"

"Xavier, " I called out and he chuckled amused.

"You ask for too much," he whispered pecking my lips.

"Can you try to be nice please, these people come in with dreams and you tell them it's shit," I said and he frowned.

"Your language Amelia," he scolded softly and I apologized as he lead over to his desk, sitting in his chair pulling me into his lap.

"I'll be more considerate with my words," he promised and I rested my head against his chest.

"You have become all worked up, because I was being truthful," he mumbled and I smiled.

"Truthful but harsh," I whispered and he kissed my forehead.

"Well the truth hurts,"

"And that's why you should choose your words wisely and not be an ass, " I mumbled back and he chuckled, pushing my hair to the side kissing my neck.