1

Chapter One| Eden

"When was the last time you had sex?" I look at Lia in disbelief.

"Lia, I've been too busy working on the boutique to be having sex." I roll my eyes and pick up my wine glass.

"Eden, you're my best friend. I want you to get laid, have some fun. Take a break." She sighs and plays with her braids.

"We're having a girls night." I take a sip from my glass and smile at her.

"Well, I need to get going because my husband wants me home." She winks and I nearly spit out my drink.

"You're just going to leave me here by myself!" I hold my chest and she laughs.

"Well, I guess I'm going to have to take one for the team and get laid." She sighs. "Love you, Eden." We both stand up, she walks over and hugs me.

"Love you too." I walk her to the front door and watch her leave in an Uber.

I go to shut the door but jump at the sound of my bins falling. "What the fuck?" I mutter. Me thinking it's the harsh wind, I go to shut the door.

"Cold." I freeze and look side to side.

My heart starts to race when I see a man standing on my driveway, his back is towards me. He's looking around as if he's confused.

Must be a drunk.

"Can you fuck off?!" I watch his shoulders tense and he slowly turns around. "Oh my fucking God!" I cover my mouth in shock, when I see his glowing red eyes.

I decide now is the best time to slam the door shut and lock it.

"Too much wine, too much wine." I clench my eyes shut and rest my back against the door. "Ahhh!" I jump away from it when I hear a knock.

"Cold." I hear that deep voice again.

Deep breaths, Eden.

I quickly switch off the lights and then peak out the window. The strange man still stands outside my front door, my heart clenches a little when I see him shivering.

I step away from the window and walk to the front door. "What do you want?" I call out and rest my ear against the cool surface.

"Warm."

Is this guy on drugs?

"I'll call the police!" I threaten.

"Police?" He sound confused at my threat. "Cold." I slowly close my eyes when I hear him repeat that word for the third time.

"Please go away!" I wait a couple minutes and don't hear any movement. A sigh of relief escapes my lips. "Finally, I need to go to bed." I whisper and shake my head.

•••

I woke up alive.

The man never came to kill me.

I get ready for work and make my way out, as I open the door I jump in shock when I see a slouched body sleeping.

"Oh my!" Is the wine still in my system?

Am I going crazy?

The man's eyes snap open and my eyes widen. "Hi." He stands up and brushes himself down. I have to really look up at him. He's taller than any man I've seen. "Small."

I'm not small, I'm five foot nine. This guy is just huge.

Abnormally huge.

"What do you want?!" I step away from him, he frowns at my movement.

"Cold."

"You're cold?" He nods.

I sigh, he seems harmless and I wouldn't want to be the cause of someone dying because of me. I step to the side, he smiles and walks in.

"Just stand there." He follows my pointed finger and goes to stand in the corner.

I stare at the rather large man, he must be around six foot seven. His eyes are blood red and his hair is midnight black, the veins in his arms are very predominant and I swallow hard.

"What's your name? Mine is Eden." I tell him, but make sure to keep my distance.

"Theodore." He points at himself.

It's clear he works out because his muscles are massive, he stands in the middle of my living room and looks around in awe.

"Wow." He whispers, gently.

"Theodore?" He snaps his head back to me and gives me a small smile. "Where have you come from?" I repeat myself.

"Bad people." He mumbles and shuffles closer to me. "Safe here?" I pursed my lips and then nodded my head.

"You're safe here."

"Pretty." He says, whilst staring at me. I point at myself and he nods his head and steps closer.

"Thank you." I look down his torso and see a stain of blood. "You're hurt." He looks down and raises his top. I suck in a breath when I see his defined abs.

"They hurt me." I frown and slowly walk towards him.

He looks at me with his intense, red eyes. "Who hurt you?" I whisper and look up at him with concern.

He flares his nostrils and steps away from me. "Bad people." I close my eyes and sigh, knowing I'm not going to get much out of him.

"I should clean up your wound, you can sit." He nods his head and sits on the sofa, with his hands in his lap.

He seems so lost.

I go to get some rubbing alcohol and come back. "Can I sit?" I point to the empty space next to him

"Yes."

I slowly sit next to him and hesitantly lift up his top. "This might hurt a little." I start cleaning his wound, but he doesn't flinch once. "Is this not hurting you?" I look up and my eyes widen at how close our faces are, so I move away.

"Not really." He shrugs.

"Why are your eyes red? Are they contact lenses?" I question curiously.

"Contact lenses?" He looks confused by what I said.

"Never mind."

Once I'm done cleaning his wound, I stand up in front of him.

"Y-You're going to have to leave now." I feel bad, as he looks up at me with wide eyes.

"Stay." He answers back and stands up. I crane my neck and look up at him.

"You can't stay. I don't know who you are!" I throw my hands up in frustration. He furrows his eyebrows and reaches out with his finger and runs it down my cheek.

"Soft." He smiles, showing his straight, white teeth.

"Theodore, you have to leave." I reach out and grab his hand. He looks down with wide eyes, I try to drag him to the front door but he doesn't move. I give up and look at him deadpanned. "You're not leaving are you?"

"Stay here."

Fucking hell.

A/N
First chapter, what did you guys think? Don't forget to vote 💗